• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4th Test at the Gabba, Brisbane, 15 - 19 Jan 2021

Smudge49

U19 12th Man
Elite Honesty --/-> Elite Anger (among Australian Public) ---> Elite Punishment

All other Nations (except NZ)
mere Honesty --/-> mere Anger (among Public) ---> mere or No Punishment
Sure mate, whatever floats your boat. You obviously haven't felt the need to understand that Australian fans had **** to do in any of this.

The cricket board presented these players like they had set some orphanage on fire, that's pretty much the whole point, public outrage only followed that.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The public have mosquito memory. Recently I've seen people call for a return to "hard but fair" cricket as Tim Paine has disgraced Australia by losing to India at home. The same people were clutching their pearls at Australia's perceived attitude problems. Just shut the **** up and focus on good cricket.

Shady Slim

International Coach
i think the media outcry after was a bit much but the punishments were commensurate tbh

i hold what they did in a higher degree of ball tampering than anything murray mint related in the same way dumb liberals hold trump imprisoning minorities at the border callously in a different regard to obama doing it in a fatherly manner*

* yes it was much worse and more widespread under trump but my point is i draw a largely false dichotomy between the two

Smudge49

U19 12th Man
The public have mosquito memory. Recently I've seen people call for a return to "hard but fair" cricket as Tim Paine has disgraced Australia by losing to India at home. The same people were clutching their pearls at Australia's perceived attitude problems. Just shut the **** up and focus on good cricket.
So true, the same Warnie who said "My mum gave me the pill" when he got caught doping, nowadays sits on the telly and tells everyone how Australian cricket should be run.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Also Australia broke Shami's arm and Jadeja's thumb - so it isn't like they're going soft on India!

the big bambino

International Captain
You know the same papers that led the mob against Smith and Warner were urging for Warner's return so he could get stuck into India. Don't think Warner is silly enough to fall for it but that's the sort of vermin the players have to deal with in their relationship with the press.

Spikey

**** posts like this really **** me. No, it's not the same people making the argument. What you had was one side having an opportune moment to make their argument, and another side having their opportune moment. The common denominator is an opportune moment coming up, not the same people

trundler

Eh, you know what I meant. Australia moving past the days of mental disintegration was objectively a good thing but the lazy narrative pushing is awful. They didn't lose because Matty Wade didn't call the batsmen ****s at short leg all day.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
at the end of this video last two minutes or so Ashwin talks re the third test how they kept bowling short and if they had bowled full it might have helped, about how hitting batsmen was counterproductive as it strengthened resolve etc. Good stuff.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
At the end of this video last two minutes or so Ashwin talks re the third test how they kept bowling short and if they had bowled full it might have helped, about how hitting batsmen was counterproductive as it strengthened resolve etc. Good stuff.
It was in the context of their injuries and not being able to get forward, though.

Last edited: