• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4th Test at Sydney (?) - Jan 5-9 2022

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, at the rate covid is spreading there will be two teams unable to play due to asymptomatic cases in both camps.
I can't wait to see Bazza from Tennant Creek open the bowling with his 56kph dobblers. The English team should be replaced by a bunch of Australians doing really bad English accents. Surely we could pretend to be English more effectively than this English team is pretending to be cricketers.

stephen

I'm really annoyed that this test isn't on today. Such a long gap between tests. And I blame the English batting for the last one ending so soon.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Get's later and later every year. When I was a kid it started on the 2nd (and I'm pretty sure it actually started on New Years Day before that) but feels like every 5 years or so it gets pushed another day later. Piss weak. The back-to-back Melbourne + Sydney Tests used to be a real physical challenge for the players.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
What's the record for the quickest loss of a test match in terms of hours? Do Eng hold said record? That could be another one to tick off this series if not.

Xix2565

International Debutant
What's the record for the quickest loss of a test match in terms of hours? Do Eng hold said record? That could be another one to tick off this series if not.
Well I don't think hours were precisely recorded back then, so we only have it in terms of days and balls bowled.

In terms of days we have 23 matches tied for finishing in 2 days (the teams who've lost in 2 days are England, Australia, South Africa, West Indies, New Zealand, Pakistan, Zimbabwe and Afghanistan):

In terms of balls bowled quite a few are draws for various reasons (abandoned, weather, etc). The record holder here is South Africa losing to Australia in 656 balls (109.2 overs) in Melbourne in 1932.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Well I don't think hours were precisely recorded back then, so we only have it in terms of days and balls bowled.

In terms of days we have 23 matches tied for finishing in 2 days (the teams who've lost in 2 days are England, Australia, South Africa, West Indies, New Zealand, Pakistan, Zimbabwe and Afghanistan):

In terms of balls bowled quite a few are draws for various reasons (abandoned, weather, etc). The record holder here is South Africa losing to Australia in 656 balls (109.2 overs) in Melbourne in 1932.

Can you do this for post 1970s alone?

Xix2565

International Debutant
1970 onwards, perhaps? I find it very hard to define modern era but the WC time seems a good start. Maybe starting 1975?
Timeframe will be set as from 1 Jan 1975 onwards.

Going by days, the first one lost in 2 days in that timeframe was by the West Indies vs England at Leeds in 2000. Then Pakistan in Sharjah in 2002 to Australia, Zimbabwe in Cape Town (SA), Harare (NZ) in 2005 and Port Elizabeth (SA) in 2017. Then Afghanistan lost in Bangalore in 2019 and England in Ahmedabad 2021, both to India. The latest was Afghanistan losing to Zimbabwe in Abu Dhabi in 2021.

By balls faced, the shortest lost Test in that timeframe is the Ahmedabad pink ball Test between India and England in 2021 (shortest since 1935 for the record by the way for matches with a result). 842 balls (140.2 overs) were bowled in total in that Test.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Timeframe will be set as from 1 Jan 1975 onwards.

Going by days, the first one lost in 2 days in that timeframe was by the West Indies vs England at Leeds in 2000. Then Pakistan in Sharjah in 2002 to Australia, Zimbabwe in Cape Town (SA), Harare (NZ) in 2005 and Port Elizabeth (SA) in 2017. Then Afghanistan lost in Bangalore in 2019 and England in Ahmedabad 2021, both to India. The latest was Afghanistan losing to Zimbabwe in Abu Dhabi in 2021.

By balls faced, the shortest lost Test in that timeframe is the Ahmedabad pink ball Test between India and England in 2021 (shortest since 1935 for the record by the way for matches with a result). 842 balls (140.2 overs) were bowled in total in that Test.
Is it possible to filter the results to only include matches in proper cricket countries and on proper wickets?

harsh.ag

Aus bring in Khawaja for Head. Only change. Hazlewood still not fully fit.

England have Broad coming in for Robinson, who is being rested/rotated. Only change. Lawrence doesn't get a look in.