• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4th Test at Old Trafford, Manchester

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
For someone whose reputation is that of a lower order dasher, Buttler's played a few good knocks in these kind of situations.

vcs

Yeah England have shown some good backbone here. Quite a contrast to day 5 Edgbaston.

Bijed

International Regular
Buttler deserves some real credit here. Has dug in hard
I get the impression that he does a lot better when his role/approach has been pretty much decided for him by the circumstances of the match. He's played some good 'normal' innings, my feeling is his better/more memorable contribtions have been when digging in or sheperding the tail and the way to play has been a bit more clear-cut

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Buttler deserves some real credit here. Has dug in hard
He's had a good game in fairness. Might well have gone on for a better score first dig but went after it when we were down to the last wicket

Dreading the new ball here

Compton

International Debutant
The match in a strange lull. Seems pretty clear everyone’s just waiting to see what menace Cummins will cause with the new cherry.

Burgey

I get the impression that he does a lot better when his role/approach has been pretty much decided for him by the circumstances of the match. He's played some good 'normal' innings, my feeling is his better/more memorable contribtions have been when digging in or sheperding the tail and the way to play has been a bit more clear-cut
He's had a good game in fairness. Might well have gone on for a better score first dig but went after it when we were down to the last wicket

Dreading the new ball here
Both good points. In Corrin’s case a very rare one, of course.

Burgey

The match in a strange lull. Seems pretty clear everyone’s just waiting to see what menace Cummins will cause with the new cherry.
Australia needs to stay patient as they have been rather than look for the miracle. If they open up one end then the quicks are good enough to finish it off. If they don’t, fair enough and we’ll batted. Isn’t like they’ve been gifted their stay out there.