• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4th Test at Old Trafford, Manchester

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Depends on how quickly we bowl them out. Do it quickly and I'd probably bat again, if they do it slowly we might have to.

In any case suspect they make us bat again.
If they do it slowly then England will have probably avoided it

Compton

International Debutant
I wouldn’t enforce. Better to bat a session or so and at least try to give the bowlers some rest.

morgieb

I wouldn’t enforce. Better to bat a session or so and at least try to give the bowlers some rest.
My only worry in that case is that it could give England momentum for little gain if we can't score quick runs. Leeds still burns deeply....

Burgey

Big chance today for Buttler to make a really important contribution. Be interesting to see how he goes

aussie tragic

International Captain
Cummins and Haze have done great, however the Pattinson, Siddle, Starc rotation has so far resulted in only 10 wkts @ 39.00.

Batting wise however, these 3 have put on 176 runs @ 35.20, the 3rd best average in the team

OverratedSanity

Was Lyon bowling like this yesterday? I can see how he's gone wicketless.
Pretty much, was a little short all day. It looked worse because England consciously keep playing him off the backfoot now, though.

Have always felt batsmen dont play him off the backfoot enough tbh.

Burgey

Was Lyon bowling like this yesterday? I can see how he's gone wicketless.
Yeah he was and I think that was the plan tbh. He’s basically just been bowling in a holding role but you’d hope today he tosses it up a bit fuller because there’s enough there for him

He’s already been a bit fuller today

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah he was and I think that was the plan tbh. He’s basically just been bowling in a holding role but you’d hope today he tosses it up a bit fuller because there’s enough there for him

He’s already been a bit fuller today
He seems to be more willing to get fuller to Stokes for some reason, he seemed reluctant to really get it up there against Burns. No idea why though

Groundking

International Debutant
Of course not, he’s woeful. But there’s still a chance it could happen.

Cummins is class. Asks so many different questions.
I like being realistic and not giving myself false hope. Having said that I back him more than Roy to be able to something, for whatever that counts.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wait... Starc has bowled 11 overs with five maidens and still gone at 3.73. Must've been expensive other overs.