• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4th Test at Old Trafford, Manchester

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Will struggle to get 60 with the light reading they took yday.
63 minimum overs left to bowl today, even with light I think you'd have around 50 or so. Plenty of time to get around 200 which gets the lead to 400. Could even declare a bit earlier if they bat really well.

91Jmay

International Coach
Glad it was Cummins who got the reward, massively deserved more than 3fer. Aus bowled brilliantly, pitch didn't offer a lot but they never let us get away and variety of their attack massive plus. Should be looking at a declaration with about 30 mins to go tonight i suspect. Warner should come out and swing, looks a walking wicket atm so might as well try to do a bit of patented downhill skiing.

Burgey

If only there was a practice match between tests to give Lyon confidence.

No way the quicks are fatigued this soon after lunch and with only 1 wicket needes.
The last thing Lyon needed wa to bowl again in the practice match. He’s gassed imo.

Brilliant from our blokes to secure Buttler his spot for the fifth test.

morgieb

So Warner to come out with Australia effectively 0-196. What will he do...
Get out first ball.

But in all serious, this should be the remedy he needs. Not a big problem if he fails but will be big if he succeeds so won't have to worry about survival and instead just play "see ball hit ball".

Wonder where Wade will bat.

morgieb

I suspect they wouldn't have dumped Buttler for The Oval anyway, but unless he scores big next Test he'll get dumped. Ditto Roy and maybe Denly.