• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd thread - Ashes predictions

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Our side is better than their's in neutral conditions IMO, but England are also very well set up for their own conditions. And I think our weaknesses seem a lot more exposed in English conditions than other ones.
Yep. This will probably be a very competitive series as each side tries to out- collapse each other.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Even if Moeen doesn't make any runs, his recent Test form justifies picking him for his bowling alone.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Even if Moeen doesn't make any runs, his recent Test form justifies picking him for his bowling alone.
tbh I'd forgotten how well he performed over the winter, especially for a losing team in the Caribbean. Maybe him and Leach will share the wickets then.

Burgey

I’m predicting Tim Paine to have a decent series with the bat and make some handy contributions down the order. His technique and method is suited to the rubbish conditions you get in england a he plays the ball nice and late.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Alright, was waiting for the final squads, here goes nothing

Result: 2-2
Most runs: Smith, Warner and Head for Australia, Root, Stokes and Burns for England
Most wickets: Starc, Lyon and Pattinson for Australia, Anderson, Archer and Broad for England
Dropped: Bancroft, Wade, Roy, Denly, Woakes
Biggest surprise: Head
Biggest disappointment: Wade, Woakes
Rain delayed days: 10
Worst poster: FJ by an absolute country mile

Burgey

WRT posters, are we going on volume or rank direness? If the latter, I expect relative newcomer SpinToLose to top the charts, despite being banned by tea on day one of the first test.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
WRT posters, are we going on volume or rank direness? If the latter, I expect relative newcomer SpinToLose to top the charts, despite being banned by tea on day one of the first test.
He's a Gareth Batty fan. That is enough to conclude that the bloke is an absolute plonker in of itself

morgieb

Should be volume. At least the latter will get banned very early on.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Score: 5-0 to James Pattinson
Most runs: James Pattinson
Most wickets: James Pattinson
Worst poster in the subbie: Anyone who is a) English and b) English.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Score: 5-0 to James Pattinson
Most runs: James Pattinson
Most wickets: James Pattinson
Worst poster in the subbie: Anyone who is a) English and b) English.
James Pattinson gonna play 5 tests in a row :laugh:

Mate, be thankful if you get 3 sessions out of him.

Burgey

James Pattinson gonna play 5 tests in a row :laugh:

Mate, be thankful if you get 3 sessions out of him.
He’ll do enough in two tests to top both.

Good one giggling at a bloke being susceptible to injury too. Awesome

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
In my prediction Patto plays three tests, the two we lose are the two he sits out. Can plausibly see that happening.

Another miscellaneous (and if I'm honest not particularly bold) prediction: If Denly bowls he will go at over a run a ball without taking a single wicket