• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at Headingley, Leeds

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They’re 4/1 now. Australia 1/6. That might be the biggest discrepancy I’ve ever seen between the fan/pundit consensus and the gambler consensus.
I'm not a betting man and I'm a bit too superstitous to do it anyway but that is crazy odds for Australia.

spit

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
CW posters should be hammering the bookies. Bank of Australia paying nearly 20% returns just for a day or two max!

Spark

Global Moderator
They’re 4/1 now. Australia 1/6. That might be the biggest discrepancy I’ve ever seen between the fan/pundit consensus and the gambler consensus.
Even if they hadn't been bowled out for 67 I would find those ludicrous. 360 is a hard chase against average attacks on a flat pitch ffs, you'd think that these scores were getting chased down all the time with those odds.

morgieb

Even if they hadn't been bowled out for 67 I would find those ludicrous. 360 is a hard chase against average attacks on a flat pitch ffs, you'd think that these scores were getting chased down all the time with those odds.
I get the feeling that people are probably thinking that the conditions are better for batting than they actually are.

Uppercut

Maybe people just aren't interested in backing Aus at 1/6 so they're getting no money the other way. I thought there'd be enough professionals around backing them though.

Spark

Global Moderator
You could put on a 100 for the first wicket here and still not be favourites. England’s chances of winning are zero.
Yeah the way this often goes is

> Good top order partnership
> Everyone gets excited
> Wicket falls
> Huge collapse
> Fielding team wins easily

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Did that touch the glove? From the back view it looked like it could have, but I'd forgotten what it looked like from the front by then.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
You could put on a 100 for the first wicket here and still not be favourites. England’s chances of winning are zero.
What are you looking forward to seeing in the cricket today?

I just can't write zero chance, particularly as 0/100 would see two set bats at the crease.

Bijed

International Regular
Yeah the way this often goes is

> Good top order partnership
> Everyone gets excited
> Wicket falls
> Huge collapse
Or, more specifically for England:

> Wicket falls
> Huge collapse

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member

I just can't write zero chance, particularly as 0/100 would see two set bats at the crease.
I’m off to the football in an hour and hope England are still batting when I get home in 3 and a half hours.

morgieb

There is a chance, but it'll require Australia to bowl very poorly and someone to produce an ATG knock.

Awesome game from Warner in the field. Haze seems to have Burns's number massively.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I’m off to the football in an hour and hope England are still batting when I get home in 3 and a half hours.
Ok cool completely fair enough. I guess for me as someone who does like to bet, I find it hard to comprehend when someone writes zero chance.

That was great timing by Athers there with the Warner catches!