• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at Headingley, Leeds

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If you told me Lyon was bowling in the first hour I would have thought we must be having a great morning.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Miss every batsman from that team. I mean we would absolutely love to have Collingwood back right now. He would probably have to bat 3 in this team.
Yeah, someone that's got some ticker and is going to hang around and make some filthy runs even when out of form. Hell, I'd have Ian Bell back right now, he'd also have to bat 3, but would be a better option than most of these mugs.

What doesn't help is that only Burns and Bairstow are batting in the right position.

Burns a FC opener with a good FC record
Roy's not a FC opener and is opening
Root's a number 4 that's been moved up
Denly's a number 3 that's been moved down
Stokes is a place too high
Buttler's a wicket-keeper playing without the gloves
Bairstow's a wicket-keeper averaging 20 in 2019

It's a miserable batting line-up on paper, and it's performing just as you'd expect it to.

Burner

International Regular
Root has now played 151 innings. Most greats have six innings between their centuries. With just 16 centuries, he's 9 centuries behind.

Which I am sure he is most concerned with right now.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cummings is just crazy in general. I know Archer is rightly taking the headlines but what Cummins is just a stupidly good cricketer.
Something will have to go seriously wrong from here for him to not have a truly great career. The guy has everything.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Batting at 3 this season for Kent, and that's where he should be batting in this side if he wants to keep his spot.

Burns
Sibley
Denly
Root
Pope
Stokes

Should probably be our top 6 right now.
Quite possibly, although someone would then need to make a decision about Bairstow vs Buttler at 7.

hazsa19

International Regular
Oh ****. I remember a time when one could argue that Root was the best batsman in the world. Is he even top 5 right now?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I want the tv networks of the world to get together and just pay Ponting to commentate on every series, everywhere. Fmd his analysis is just bang on.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
it's almost like in amongst the dirge that is Englands batting lineup, the selectors have totally forgotten that denly is in the xi