• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd ODI at Canberra, 2 Dec 2020

sphynx

U19 Debutant
Genuinely 140kph+

Skull is right.

If he's a top 5 bat at test level and able to put out 140kph+ from 200cm. Pretty short economical run up as well.

Jessz.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
His action is much more laconic than i thought it would be
possibly has something to do with his injury history? wasn't he playing exclusively as a bat pretty recently. might not want to put too much stress on his body

Kraken

International 12th Man
Sabba really does bowl a heavy ball, doesn't he? Always hits the bat super hard. Love him

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Series no longer on the line and Kohli looks like a million bucks again. #choker

Spark

Global Moderator
possibly has something to do with his injury history? wasn't he playing exclusively as a bat pretty recently. might not want to put too much stress on his body
think he'd have a better time with regards to injury if he generated more momentum through the crease rather than at the crease

mr_mister

ok why didn't Gill play in the first two ODers
Agarwal is a pretty hot prospect himself. As is Shaw, and as was Iyer before we learnt he couldn't play genuine pace. Still might do well in the SC though

Basically there's a lot of competition for batting spots right now

Spark

Global Moderator
also it's hard to tell because i'm side on but he seems to fall away or twist a bit at release which can't be great for the back

trundler

I'm not sure if floaty is the right word but a lot of early career Watto about Green's bowling.

mr_mister

think he'd have a better time with regards to injury if he generated more momentum through the crease rather than at the crease
ah okay yeah that makes sense. maybe he just doesn't like sprinting in. he may conserve energy for his batting this way right?

Spark

Global Moderator
also it's hard to tell because i'm side on but he seems to fall away or twist a bit at release which can't be great for the back
this is what i mean

955527C8-D5B6-4D14-9BC7-C8792228DA2C.jpeg

you can see here that his head falls away to the side and his hips and shoulders are out of alignment. he's going to have stress fracture concerns until he other tweaks that or gets stronger

Burgey

This pitch looks a bit weird. Mostly consistent and even but the odd one just holding up and turning