• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

375 in sight???

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Fleming 273* & Vettori 6*

497/6...10 overs left & it seems NZ is going for gold now, a flurry of boundaries & wickets.

I wonder if NZ will declare and give themselves 5 or 6 overs at Sri Lanka before stumps.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Vettori out aswell..it seems the tail has been told just to throw their bat at anything. 499/7

Cloete

International Captain
yeah Wiseman is going PSYCHO!

514/7
Batsmen: R B 4s 6s S/R
PJ Wiseman (RHB) 15 6 2 1 250.00 Striker
SP Fleming (LHB) 274 476 28 1 57.56 Non-striker

Cloete

International Captain
just as i posted b4 fleming declared.

New Zealand 515/7 (174.5 ov)

New Zealand 1st innings R M B 4 6
MH Richardson b Vaas 85 327 260 7 1
MJ Horne c Dharmasena b Nissanka 4 40 32 0 0
*SP Fleming not out 274 476 28 1
MS Sinclair c Sangakkara b Dharmasena 17 57 1 0
SB Styris c Vaas b Dharmasena 63 140 5 2
JDP Oram c Lokuarachchi b Muralitharan 33 56 2 0
+RG Hart c Jayawardene b Muralitharan 9 14 1 0
DL Vettori lbw b Dharmasena 7 8 1 0
PJ Wiseman not out 16 7 2 1
Extras (b 2, lb 3, w 1, nb 1) 7
Total (7 wickets, 174.5 overs) 515

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Wiseman actually is very handy with the bat, a couple of seasons ago he was opening for Otago or Canterbury I can't remember which team.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
are you watching it on the tv? there is no coverage here..cause sky digital spent all their money on showing 75% of the World Cup.

We are getting to see the Tri-Series later next month though live.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Unbelievable, Tuffeys run of taking a wicket in the first over continues..Attapattu out lbw.

0/1 after 0.5 overs.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I must say I'm disappointed in Smith for declaring so early - with the time left in the match, the all time record was on for those 2 batsmen.

krkode

State Captain
Well if the biggie was in sight for anybody, it'd gotta have been Fleming :wow:

I would've thought he would have tried for a 300 atleast :P

hourn

U19 Cricketer
great selfless effort from Fleming.

He could've easily asked fellas to stick around while he went for the record but he didn't. A true New Zealand great.

As for Rudoplh, well done to him on getting a 200 on debut, but I find it abit hollow against Bangladesh. That was a bit of a joke - 2(dec)/470, they could've got 1000 if they wanted.

Langeveldt

Soutie
marc71178 said:
I must say I'm disappointed in Smith for declaring so early - with the time left in the match, the all time record was on for those 2 batsmen.

Yeah im very annoyed :!( They could have at least let Rudolph get a debut 300*. I bet he is thinking test cricket is an apsolute doddle lol :lol:

Is this Bangladesh side the weakest ever to play test cricket?

PY

International Coach
To me it shows the quality of Stephen Fleming as a captain. It must have been so tempting for him to just try and get his 300 or even the record but instead he thought of the team and declared. Good work.

Not so good work is Smith's decision, it was blatantly obvious that SA were going to mash the Bangladesh batting order when it came round to the second innings but he still declared. Not really bad captaincy but he could've let them go on for a while longer. Would've been brilliant for morale if they had carried on and on, possibly breaking records. Think the SA team could do with a bit of psychological lift at the moment.

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
I think the Sri Lankans dropped about 10 catches overall. Mahela Jayawardene dropped four of them.

Anyway, he got the runs ans to have SL 4/1 at stumps is good.

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Langeveldt said:
Yeah im very annoyed :!( They could have at least let Rudolph get a debut 300*. I bet he is thinking test cricket is an apsolute doddle lol :lol:

Is this Bangladesh side the weakest ever to play test cricket?
Personal records are nothing in cricket.. Team game here. A win should mean more then personal records. And Bangladesh are puting up a fight.

I don't think he really would have got to a 300 as cricinfo was saying he was playing some very tired looking shots.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Stephen Fleming's knock is absolutely magnificent. I think it will go down as one of the highest-rated innings of alltime on the PwC rankings - which, of course, doesn't take into account dropped catches.

As for worst test side of all time, well South Africa were pretty dire 100 years ago.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Not necessarily so Neil, as Murali apart, he's not faced a good attack, and also the whole team scored runs.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
But not in such quantity though.

I think it's down to how Sri Lanka cope with it, should Tuffey and Bond rip them apart then it's huge score time :)

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
You try batting in 35 degree temperatures on a turning track for 10 + hours Marc!