• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

34th Match - West Indies v India

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
These are unnecessary runs going to Chahal's account, after a dropped catch and a few dropping inches short.

OverratedSanity

I hate OS and all you other gambhiring ****s so much right now. Best bowling attack by FAR and best top order including the best ODI batsman ever. ****.
Pssh I only gambhir for overseas tests. I dont care anywhere near enough about the world cup to actually put effort into gambhiring.

But no, India's top ordr is not the best. You're just deluding yourself if you think that. Rahul is rubbish, and if number 4 counts, Shankar is an abomination. The bowling is obviously awesome, no arguments there.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
How do you guys rate Bumrah as a test bowler?
I was really sceptical before he played to the point where I absolutely tore into his selection, but debut aside he's been ****ing awesome. World class in Australia. He hasn't played a lot yet but I'd probably already have him in a World Third XI if not higher.

OverratedSanity

How do you guys rate Bumrah as a test bowler?
I thought he'd be rubbish when he was picked in SA but he almost immediately made me taste it.

The only thing stopping him having atleast a decent career would be injury. Lots of pace, has a reliable awkwardness about his trajectory that should trouble batsmen even if he isn't at his best, and he actually seems really smart too. He actually set batsmen up and executed plans brilliantly in Australia instead of just blasting them away with an unreadable arm flailing action, although that part actually does help too.

smash84

The Tiger King
and this WI side thrashed us so bad that our NRR hasn't still recovered, and WI (at least before this match were still in the +ve)

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Too good. Well played India. Such a good bowling attack.

We need to rethink our approach to ODI batting.

Burner

International Regular
I was really sceptical before he played to the point where I absolutely tore into his selection, but debut aside he's been ****ing awesome. World class in Australia. He hasn't played a lot yet but I'd probably already have him in a World Third XI if not higher.
I remember crying about the injustice that is selecting Bumrah over Umesh in the series in AUS. In hindsight its pretty guranteed they'd have lost the series if Umesh was preferred.

cnerd123

likes this
India's bowling so OP. The batting just needs to put 250 on the board really, these guys will do the rest.

Solid knock by MSD too, that missed stumping off Fabian was lolz

As much as I love the banging VJ Shankar song the Bharat Army has come up with (https://www.facebook.com/cricketworldcup/videos/1361873617297574/), I reckon he should be dropped for Dinesh Karthik or Pant. He's not bowling, not that much better a batsman, and is clearly out of touch.

India locked in for the Semis now. Time to drop a game to BD before smashing England and SL plz thanks

OverratedSanity

I remember crying about the injustice that is selecting Bumrah over Umesh in the series in AUS. In hindsight its pretty guranteed they'd have lost the series if Umesh was preferred.
I was livid when he was picked over Umesh in SA, but once the England series began it became pretty clear Bumrah was way better and Shastri-Kohli had actually got a selection spot on for a change.

vcs

I thought he'd be rubbish when he was picked in SA but he almost immediately made me taste it.

The only thing stopping him having atleast a decent career would be injury. Lots of pace, has a reliable awkwardness about his trajectory that should trouble batsmen even if he isn't at his best, and he actually seems really smart too. He actually set batsmen up and executed plans brilliantly in Australia instead of just blasting them away with an unreadable arm flailing action, although that part actually does help too.
He was mostly awesome in England also, seriously missed him in those first two Tests when we had spraygun Umesh instead. :(

Burner

International Regular
I was livid when he was picked over Umesh in SA, but once the England series began it became pretty clear Bumrah was way better and Shastri-Kohli had actually got a selection spot on for a change.
For me it was that I felt Umesh would be better because of the bounce in Aus. Was heavily influenced by Umesh's last innings almost decapitating David Warner on that bouncy Dharamshala pitch tbh.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
The career averages of leading indian bowlers after this match.

Bumrah : 22.11
Kuldeep : 23.06
Chahal : 24.54
Shami : 24.85

Who would have thought a few years back that there would be 4 indian bowlers with career averages less than 25.

OverratedSanity

Also, no way should Bhuvi come in for Shami once he recovers from injury. Cant drop the guy who averages 14 in world cups.

trundler

Shami and Tahir have been top notch in world cups but have flown under the radar for some reason.