• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

34th Match - West Indies v India

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Surprised the third ump was so quick to declare that an edge and not a brush of the pad. Was very close to both.

Spark

Global Moderator
Surprised the third ump was so quick to declare that an edge and not a brush of the pad. Was very close to both.
I think it hit both, but the ball seemed still in front of the pad on the side on when the bat-adjacent spike appeared. Need another look though.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
How is a spike on snicko when the ball is in line with the bat “conclusive” when the ball is also in line with the pad in the same frame?

Strange decision, there was certainly enough doubt to save Sharma considering the original decision was not out.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Still carrying 3D Shankar who didn't bowl a single ball in last game. Kohli is such a useless captain.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Still carrying 3D Shankar who didn't bowl a single ball in last game. Kohli is such a useless captain.
He's still coming in at number 4 too according to the scorecards available. It's a complete joke. No clue how this is the number 4 we seem to be going with in the WC after years of diddling around.

I actually miss Rayudu

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
He's still coming in at number 4 too according to the scorecards available. It's a complete joke. No clue how this is the number 4 we seem to be going with in the WC after years of diddling around.

I actually miss Rayudu
Guess he may score jammy 30s in the league matches and then single-handedly cost India the semifinal

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, have tried to look at it from the third umpire's perspective, but very little to be "conclusive" about there. Probably the faintest inside edge, but not conclusive.

morgieb

I know HotSpot isn't perfect. But that is why it can come in handy. Otherwise there's no way you can tell that was bat or ball.

Would've been very harsh for the WIndies to lose their review for that IMO.

vcs

Anyway, this is the squad we've picked so no point moaning now.

I think this tournament is showing how hard it is to actually plan and prepare for a World Cup. People get injured, go off-form, teams play 3rd choice attacks in bilaterals making it hard to judge new players, conditions vary vastly to what you may end up facing. Pakistan seem to have lucked into playing Haris Sohail there, rather than any astute planning. Australia aren't yet sure where exactly Khawaja and Maxwell need to bat in the middle order. So it's not just India who have these problems.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Has anyone actually seen much of Shankar bat?
He played a few decent knocks before the world cup and was able to hit boundaries. He is a solid batsman for TN. I think he has potential but doesn't have enough experience to handle batting #4 in world cup, seems low on confidence too with all the scrutiny and spotlight on him.

Last edited:

vcs

Pant struggled at home against Australia (particularly against Lyon). Karthik is.. not very good. Not sure he's a significant upgrade on Shankar.

vcs

Sample size for Pant in ODIs is miniscule, but his List A record is quite mediocre.