• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

30 Test hundreds

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Word on the street is the power of a good leave has been well known for about 120 years or so, but if the manner of someone leaving like Smith does somehow puts you off then you should be bowling in a creche.

G Chappell, as an example, went through a phase of leaving the ball in a similar way during the 1982/83 Ashes series. The idea him doing so put the likes of Willis and Botham off their lines and lengths is laughable. You don't get to be an international bowler if a bloke's post-delivery movements pt you off what you're doing next ball about 45 seconds later.

I mean, I know we live in sensitive times and all, but have a cup of concrete ffs.
Ok boomer

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I can't believe no one but me believes in this man. He certainly has what it takes to reach the 30 test hundreds mark, in fact I reckon' he'll end up in the 35-37 range.

All hail The Turbinator. And his call on Tim Paine. He is not gonna get the hundreds but he is gonna retire an important Aussie cricketer which no one had predicted 10 years ago.

Last edited:

Tom Flint

International Regular
Is anyone able to do a current list of those who have made it or those still playing who have potential to get there?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The 3 obvious ones are Smith (26), Kohli (27) and Williamson (24)

Would be very surprised if any one of them doesn't get there

Warner is also on 24 but he's already 34 years (and 69 days heh) old. A home Ashes and some NZ/SL bashing could see him over the line though

I'm ruling Pujara (18) and Root (17) out

Azam is 26 and has 5, he'll need 2-3 every year which at first seems doable but a bad year or two here and there really makes it very hard to catch up.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Zac Crawley, you ****s. Zac Crawley.

And how old is Mohammed Rizwan? And I am still gonna stay on my 2017 Jan call of Rishabh Pant. :p

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
With most players being all-formats now, and how precarious careers are, I don't see an obvious candidate (apart from the above) who could approach 30 test hundreds, never mind getting there.
Ollie Pope is one name I'd think of, Shubnam Gill too

Flem274*

123/5
root will get there or get dropped imo. england play a lot of games so a truly terrible conversion rate would start to draw attention.

gonna go full nostradamus and predict rachin ravindra so i can dig this thread in 2035 and know that despite everything i was right on a cricket forum that one time.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
root will get there or get dropped imo.
I doubt either of these things happen, as much as I'd love him to score the runs. He's someone I don't see playing on for years and years and he didn't score enough centuries when he was in his golden period. He's too accomplished and well loved to be dropped without an outrageously long run of nothing form, and even then I'd imagine he'd quit before he was dropped.

Pope and Crawley obviously the next big hopes for England, but far too early in their careers for grand predictions.

Tom Flint

International Regular
I doubt either of these things happen, as much as I'd love him to score the runs. He's someone I don't see playing on for years and years and he didn't score enough centuries when he was in his golden period. He's too accomplished and well loved to be dropped without an outrageously long run of nothing form, and even then I'd imagine he'd quit before he was dropped.

Pope and Crawley obviously the next big hopes for England, but far too early in their careers for grand predictions.
Why dont you think he will be someone who plays on for years to come?
Not like he is someone the IPL ect are going to be throwing money at like they did with mccullum gayle or de villiers