• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Test, Lord's, London

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Classic Steve Smith innings so far, batting with 92% control percentage and scoring all of his runs behind square on the legside.

ajdude

International Coach
Yeah. Now doing a wicketkeeping masterclass with Sanga in the indoor nets. Pretty amazing rain delay content.
we've had the 2nd test in 2013/14. bell's 70 odd not out in the first dig was lovely to watch, can't believe you never rated him man

Deej92

Cricket Spectator
Oz have done well to be in such an overall strong series position considering how much their openers are struggling.

Bancroft looks technically awful atm and the best he can do for the side is stonewall and see off the new ball.

Hard to define what's got Warner out of sorts; reckon his standing outside the crease is making the rest of his technique look cramped and rushed. The assuredness and timing that's always been a part of his game just isn't there so far.
Agree but Roy and Burns to a lesser extent have problems opening also.

Re: England selection for the third test. Big questions have got to be asked of Roy, Denly, Buttler and Bairstow as wicket keeper while Root is not captain material. I'm happy with the bowling although we've not seen Leach yet.

For the Aussies I'd look at bringing in Starc over Siddle.

Last edited:

ajdude

International Coach
apparently covers are coming off, inspection in a few minutes? also apparently i start work in less than 5 hours and should really get some sleep

andmark

International Captain
Jim Maxwell for TMS interviewed Neil Harvey today. Hopefully that will find its way into the international audience also.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah. Now doing a wicketkeeping masterclass with Sanga in the indoor nets. Pretty amazing rain delay content.
Healy do one of those out here a few year back and it was so good it almost made me forgive him for being such a bad commentator the rest of the time.

They did one in the indoor nets with Warne bowling to Ponting once, I think it might have been the 2015 Ashes. Ponting danced down the deck and nearly killed the cameraman who was standing st short mid off.