• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Test, Lord's, London

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just abort the poor thing if you don't want it instead of giving it a dog's name.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And you'll feel even better if it's true he took 1-78 in the second dig?

One of the teenage batsmen was named Milo. I don't know if being called Milo predetermines you to be less equipped against fast bowling, but I imagine it can't help.
I look forward to seeing an epic rearguard partnership with Otis

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Someone start a 'cricketers with dogs names' thread.

Milo, and Jack Russell behind the stumps. There's two.

Ulzan69

Banned
Olly Stone release by eng for 2 weeks as he injured

Anderson out of Lords test I would like to pick Sam more than Jofra

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
We're pinning our hopes on a man coming back from a side strain who has played little first class cricket in his career and none for the last year or so. Fred Trueman is probably turning in his grave. He could of course be dangerous, but I wouldn't be surprised if he went for plenty - or aggravated his injury.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I can kinda see Julian's point about a bowler bringing the ball back in with the slope after going cross the right handers being difficult to play, but I don't think Starc's bowling accurately enough atm to do it.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just imagine paying the price for a Lords ticket only to see Cam Bancroft's take on a defensive technique.

I can't wait to see it again.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
My folks used to have a dalmation called "Shane" when I was wee, so that's any number of antipodeans covered.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I used to have a cat called 'Tiger', but I can't honestly claim he was named after O'Reilly.
I also used to have a goldfish called 'Bert' but he wasn't named after Oldfield either.

Last edited:

Test_Fan_Only

First Class Debutant
Why is Denly still in the test squad, and looks like in the team, for this this test?

The only way he will not be in the team is if the team is something like
Burns, Roy, Root, Stokes, Buttler, Bairstow, Woakes, Archer, Curran, Broad, Leach.
Is there any chance of this happening?