• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Test at the MCG, Melbourne, 26 Dec - 30 Dec 2020

_00_deathscar

International Regular
i feel the last touring spinner to do properly well here was keshav maharaj, who kept it tight and was able to pick up key wickets in compliment of his pacers on pitches that were flat in the case of perth and seamy in the case of the other two. aside from that, most spinners have been towelled, but it's also important to remember some of the spinners that have toured here have been dog****, regardless of the fact that this is australia. mark craig is not good. scott borthwick is not good. etc.

two spinners at the scg has been dead since i was in high school though, india can only get away with it because jadeja is a quality AR. dropping pacers for a spinner at the scg is a no go joe.
Yea that just goes back to my earlier point - we all know Australia is a graveyard for spinners etc, but who are the actual quality spinners to come to Australia backed with at least a competent pace attack? Makes a huge difference.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yea that just goes back to my earlier point - we all know Australia is a graveyard for spinners etc, but who are the actual quality spinners to come to Australia backed with at least a competent pace attack? Makes a huge difference.
Important to note that these have been much better wickets for spinners than we usually serve up. They've actually been turning a bit from day 1 and been a bit inconsistent. I think Lyon has underperfomed so far.

Gob

International Coach
The future of the Tea Tree Gully 2nd XI maybe
I love this tussle between your boi Matt Wade and my boi Travis, to see who will crack it big first so one of us will eat humble pies

But the most important thing to remember in these trying times is, regardless of what happens, I have nothing but love for you and I'm not saying this because I'm bat **** drunk

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Important to note that these have been much better wickets for spinners than we usually serve up. They've actually been turning a bit from day 1 and been a bit inconsistent. I think Lyon has underperfomed so far.
Yeah he bowled too short in Melbourne. Adelaide he was ok I thought.

gabbadan

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Rahane set a legside trap for Smith and he still gets out trying his off strike tickle to fine leg.
What does that say about Smith's concentration in recent times?

Victor Ian

International Coach
I think the whole hands thing is Smith's problem. He said he found them, but you know he then obsessed for the next two weeks as to whether they were really his, after he played ODI's like kholi.

gabbadan

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Rahane set different fields to the key batters and the bowlers bowled to them.
Great display by the India Captain.