• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Test at the MCG, Melbourne, 26 Dec - 30 Dec 2020

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Be interesting to see how Puvocski handles accurate bowling.
Think he's not gonna do great, he always looks a bit of an lbw candidate and green found a bit of that from him in the WA VS VIC SHIELD GAME. Also has never performed at a level or on more bowler-friendly tracks from memory.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think he himself pointed out that more than anything technical, he seemed to be rather disturbed mentally throughout the game for some reason and that showed up in his keeping. You can contrast that with someone like Pant, who, you can see is concentrating and is right there mentally but still does not have the basic technique of wicket-keeping right, which causes him to put down simple chances.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yep easy scapegoat for a pretty poor performance from the bowling unit
I mean three catches in one day is pretty bad by any measure. None of them were necessarily straightforward but all are definitely ones that Test keepers tend to catch if they're keeping well.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I mean three catches in one day is pretty bad by any measure. None of them were necessarily straightforward but all are definitely ones that Test keepers tend to catch if they're keeping well.
Even if he literally cost Australia the game, he's not a robot - good players are allowed to have bad games. What makes them good is that they happen very rarely.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Even if he literally cost Australia the game, he's not a robot - good players are allowed to have bad games. What makes them good is that happen very rarely.
Oh sure, but that doesn't make him a scapegoat. He quite rightly takes the largest part of the blame/responsibility for the failure to close out the win.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh sure, but that doesn't make him a scapegoat. He quite rightly takes the largest part of the blame/responsibility for the failure to close out the win.
As much for some of the tactics after tea as well, when they over did the short stuff. That’s a collective decision, I suppose, but he wears it as skipper.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
1612329947608.png

lol'd

he's right that Pakistan have a great chance at qualifying though, playing all the good teams at home and bad ones away.