• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Semi Final | Ind vs Eng | Adelaide, 10 Nov 2022

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket is good like that. The lesser formats means there’s a place in the lime light for even the less gifted.

Xix2565

International Debutant
Cricket is good like that. The lesser formats means there’s a place in the lime light for even the less gifted.
I'll be honest, the shorter formats aren't really lesser like people want to cope about with the Tests being the only ones on the pedestal and everything else is window dressing.

Shady Slim

International Coach
i think the thing with buttler is he always seemed to at least to my eyes look mentally out of it for tests, like he was torn between trying to play his natural game and on the other hand "playing like a test batsman"

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i think the thing with buttler is he always seemed to at least to my eyes look mentally out of it for tests, like he was torn between trying to play his natural game and on the other hand "playing like a test batsman"
Maybe he wasn’t that good at it

girish117

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
i strongly feel like t20 finals need to be a best of three. that will make it a true test of quality. a bad day for a bowler, a good day for one batsman, one 24 run over with edges flying past keeper etc etc make it a very luck oriented game- that is why we see zimbabwe trumping pak, nederlands trumping sa. not saying its necessarily bad but atleast the finals need to be decided with an actual good team. a best of three would do that. but then again- no one is going to fund that.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
i strongly feel like t20 finals need to be a best of three. that will make it a true test of quality. a bad day for a bowler, a good day for one batsman, one 24 run over with edges flying past keeper etc etc make it a very luck oriented game- that is why we see zimbabwe trumping pak, nederlands trumping sa. not saying its necessarily bad but atleast the finals need to be decided with an actual good team. a best of three would do that. but then again- no one is going to fund that.
Well, England and Pakistan did just play best out of 7...

girish117

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Well, England and Pakistan did just play best out of 7...
you mean the recently concluded england tour of Pakistan? i dont think that is relevant. for world cups you play a best of three with a day gap between games for the highest stakes. that means you are pitting the best recent form batsmen vs best recent form bowlers with the best momentum the teams are carrying. thats what I meant.