• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

20th Match - New Zealand v Australia

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flem274*

123/5
wow is just me or what but the series against South Africa was played in New Zealand which south Africa won 2-0, that's actually the last time nz played a decent bowling attack.
minus KW and Taylor iirc, and we beat them in their backyard before that. before making sweeping statements about teams you might want to leave the bush and do some research hey.

australia are favourites today but to play pretend that nz aren't a top 3 contender for the cup is bollocks. what we'll see today is the size of the gap between the two sides, if there is a gap. i think our batting will wobble and cost the game since only two of the top four are in nick but we'll see.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
wow is just me or what but the series against South Africa was played in New Zealand which south Africa won 2-0, that's actually the last time nz played a decent bowling attack.
We were missing some key players tbf.

Bushranger

School Boy/Girl Captain
minus KW and Taylor iirc, and we beat them in their backyard before that. before making sweeping statements about teams you might want to leave the bush and do some research hey.

australia are favourites today but to play pretend that nz aren't a top 3 contender for the cup is bollocks. what we'll see today is the size of the gap between the two sides, if there is a gap. i think our batting will wobble and cost the game since only two of the top four are in nick but we'll see.
that series was jan 2013 which is a while if we're talking long term new zealand havnt won at Eden Park since 2011.

_Ed_

Haha, you and me both bro. Mate and I just dropped the 2 gf's off at the wharf, shouted them accommodation at Waiheke Island for the night.

Bring it on baby!!
Haha, nice.

I'm lucky enough to have a gf who's a cricket fan... but unfortunately her friends chose tonight to have their combined stag/hen night. Sigh. We've fired up the MySky.

GGG

State Captain
Haha, you and me both bro. Mate and I just dropped the 2 gf's off at the wharf, shouted them accommodation at Waiheke Island for the night.

Bring it on baby!!
I read that as "Mate and I just dropped the 2 gf's off the wharf", and I thought I was a hardcore supporter.

Bushranger

School Boy/Girl Captain

Bring it on baby!!
Good luck today boys may it be a corker,going to fishing
And listen to on the radio as ch 9 crew dismal

Zinzan

Haha, nice.

I'm lucky enough to have a gf who's a cricket fan... but unfortunately her friends chose tonight to have their combined stag/hen night. Sigh. We've fired up the MySky.
Aw mate, ouch. I feel for you man.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah the October ODI series v SA is not something I lose much sleep about given:
a) Taylor and KW were missing
b) NZ were being highly experimental with their batting at the time - James Neesham was opening
c) It was New Zealand's first ODI cricket in more than 6 months

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I read that as "Mate and I just dropped the 2 gf's off the wharf", and I thought I was a hardcore supporter.
I accidentally skimmed over the "Mate and" part and thought Zinzan had done something disastrous in his excitement for the game.

I just dropped the 2 gf's off at the wharf, shouted them accommodation at Waiheke Island for the night

Last edited:

Zinzan

Well that was option A, then we figured we better actually give them somewhere to go. :p