• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2024 Ranking of Bowlers Poll

howitzer

State Vice-Captain
My main crib is because he chose a convenient time to close the poll after two posters voted for Verity and then he himself edited his post just today to Verity. Can't get more obvious than that. That L&L doesn't favor Ashwin has been apparent in many of his posts but he should not have been going to such an extent to not get him into the rankings.
What?

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
The poll's been closing around this time every day hasn't it?

And as to the substance of this, I'm sorry but f you think Ashwin's in the top 20 bowlers of all time then you've got your head up your arse.
Everyone has their own opinion but it should have been left at that. That would have been a fair poll. Not going back and editing votes just to not get him in.

subshakerz

International Coach
I don't expect better from you at all any time because you are what you are. But I did expect better from L&L. I do respect him playing a lot of drafts with him together but the tampering was disappointing.
If you respect him then post in the debate thread rather than ruining this one, which was going fine until you derailed it because you can't handle the results.

No. He counted the votes and then edited his post to Verity to get him ahead of Ashwin. I know he is honest. So, if L&L denies this contention, I'll move on.
Hypothetically if he did that, it still doesn't violate any rules as far as I can tell. You're allowed to change. Now let us proceed with the rest of the voting.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
If you respect him then post in the debate thread rather than ruining this one, which was going fine until you derailed it because you can't handle the results.

Hypothetically if he did that, it still doesn't violate any rules as far as I can tell.
It is not the results which I can't handle, but like Burgey has mentioned above, it's the rigging.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I thought you were ok. :(
I usually chug along here, but can't keep quiet when I see an apparent wrong-doing.

Edit: Fine guys. I'll close the topic here. Have made my point and called it as I saw it. Not interested on engaging on this topic anymore. Will continue voting.

Last edited:

subshakerz

International Coach
Because whoever goes and edits later/ whoever votes late or last can alter the whole result because they can count and see who needs what

in an ideal voting process we wouldn't be aware of who others are voting for so that we are not being influenced and also so that we can't alter the result with 1-2 vote changes.
In a democracy sometimes you can vote against a candidate rather than for one. I don't see the point having sour grapes now when 20 players have already been selected. Could have complained in the beginning.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
@CricAddict You say I "chose a convenient time to close the poll after two posters voted for Verity and then he himself edited his post just today to Verity."

Allow me to clarify a couple of points. I count the votes the same time each day (6 - 7am AWST), allowing time for late votes. I post the results between 8 and 9 AWST each day. On the initial count Verity was already ahead of Ashwin (20 to 17) and, as Davidson was a clear winner, I moved Verity up one spot - not to change the result but to acknowledge spinners in general. Verity was already one of my choices. I was about to post the result when I noted a late vote from centurymaker. This I added in. Since then centurymaker has deleted his votes meaning my edit made no difference.

If you are going to accuse me of vote changing, please explain why, in the 4th round of voting, you voted for Akram, Donald and Garner yet, in the following round, you placed Ashwin above Donald and Garner. In that same round, two voters copied and pasted your votes adding "this" or similar.