• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2024 Ranking of Bowlers Poll

subshakerz

International Coach
If you are going to accuse me of vote changing, please explain why, in the 4th round of voting, you voted for Akram, Donald and Garner yet, in the following round, you placed Ashwin above Donald and Garner. In that same round, two voters copied and pasted your votes adding "this" or similar.
Thanks for this clarification. Sad to see this type of vote manipulation.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
@CricAddict You say I "chose a convenient time to close the poll after two posters voted for Verity and then he himself edited his post just today to Verity."

Allow me to clarify a couple of points. I count the votes the same time each day (6 - 7am AWST), allowing time for late votes. I post the results between 8 and 9 AWST each day. On the initial count Verity was already ahead of Ashwin (20 to 17) and, as Davidson was a clear winner, I moved Verity up one spot - not to change the result but to acknowledge spinners in general. Verity was already one of my choices. I was about to post the result when I noted a late vote from centurymaker. This I added in. Since then centurymaker has deleted his votes meaning my edit made no difference.

If you are going to accuse me of vote changing, please explain why, in the 4th round of voting, you voted for Akram, Donald and Garner yet, in the following round, you placed Ashwin above Donald and Garner. In that same round, two voters copied and pasted your votes adding "this" or similar.
Because I don't see much difference between the achievements of the 3 of them. And I had no idea two more voters will be saying "this" or something.

And on your above points, I can continue arguing but don't want to do so. Not interested in internet wars. That's for trolls. Let us move on.

Edit: All clarified now between me and L&L. Apologies to L&L for ruining the thread and accusing him and I respect the efforts he has put in for this poll. Let's get the voting going.

Last edited:

howitzer

State Vice-Captain
@CricAddict

centurymaker disingenuous in the main.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
A lot of edits yesterday and today by people to get Verity ahead of Ashwin in. Shows how fake the poll is.

The administrator himself has edited his vote to Verity just today and then chooses to close the vote with him just 1 ahead. The admin has 21 nominations so far with not a single person from SC which can be dismissed as unconscious bias but such apparent steps to tamper the vote by someone who runs the poll doesn't look good at all.

This has just become a dick waving contest to see who can pull more people to get their favorite players in.
There have been many polls here where the admin broke ties, And there's nothing wrong with anyone else changing / editing votes.

At the end of the day he has 1 vote just like anyone else. If the ballot this round was that much shorter than previous, you may have a grievance, but otherwise we're talking about the difference between 21st and 22nd and one person's vote.

Last edited:

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Everyone has their own opinion but it should have been left at that. That would have been a fair poll. Not going back and editing votes just to not get him in.
Honestly don't see how it's not fair. I'm sure on one of my posts I said I reserved the right to edit it, just because I wasn't sure.

If he had just voted last would that have bothered you more.

Think @Line and Length is doing a great job and it is time consuming on his part.

howitzer

State Vice-Captain
Wish I could obliterarate my posts into the ether here. Anyway never mind.
S Pollock
Walsh
Grimmett

Edit: Looks like I was one of the posters who didn't realise Pollock was already taken.

Walsh
Grimmett
Roberts

Will be my selection instead.

Edit again: Just realised Cummins is still there and that was the mistake I made... :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Cummins
Walsh
Grimmett

Is my actual selection.

Last edited: