• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2023 FIFA Women's World Cup

ripper868

International Coach
Jeez. Eso es una puta locura, as the Castilians would have it.

I'm sure Barca, Real, Atletico, Sociedad and Sevilla are very happy to collectively sacrifice €200-300 million odd to save the career of a middle aged sex pest..
Would love Uefa to call the bluff and the Spanish Federations sees it blow up in their face real quick.

Ali TT

International Debutant
Criminal investigation now underway, and Rubiales' mother has locked herself in a church.
She's now in hospital. Hopefully before leaving the church, Mary came to her in a vision to tell her to give her son a good talking to.

Molehill

International Captain
There's apparently been basically zero controversy about him playing for them. I feel like football has taught me a lot about ***ism in Spain this past month.
I'm not sure I've seen a much sadder sight in football than the Spanish players arriving for Training yesterday.

Himannv

International Coach
I'm not sure I've seen a much sadder sight in football than the Spanish players arriving for Training yesterday.
Unfortunately it looks like RFEF is trying to remind the players who's boss. Several players who asked not to be called up are in the squad and there are notable absentees for "security reasons". Horrible.

Ali TT

International Debutant
Unfortunately it looks like RFEF is trying to remind the players who's boss. Several players who asked not to be called up are in the squad and there are notable absentees for "security reasons". Horrible.
I mean they sacked Rubiales because he was becoming an embarrassment to them and unable to actually do his job, not because of what he did. Most of their members gave him a standing ovation only a few weeks ago when he said he wasn't going too quit.

RFEF probably reaching out to Russell Brand right now.

Molehill

International Captain
I mean they sacked Rubiales because he was becoming an embarrassment to them and unable to actually do his job, not because of what he did. Most of their members gave him a standing ovation only a few weeks ago when he said he wasn't going too quit.

RFEF probably reaching out to Russell Brand right now.
I'm not sure they even sacked him did they? I thought he resigned himself in the end when even he realised his position was totally untenable.