• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2023 FIFA Women's World Cup

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I feel like this probably deserves a thread?

Would never say football is one of my favourite sports, but there seems to be a fair bit of excitement leading into Australia and NZ hosting this massive event. It all kicks off late next week, with NZ hosting Norway at Eden Park.

I'm looking forward to it and hoping for big crowds and exciting matches.

Molehill

International Captain
The bookies have USA 5-2, Eng 9-2, Spain 13-2, German 15-2.

For me, England are way too short. Without 2 of their best players (Mead, Williamson) and a draw that could see them play Aus in last 16 and Germany in QF's, I just don't see them making the semis.

I'd go with a USA/Germany final having looked at the draw for the knockouts.

CartyDurham

International Vice-Captain
IMG_1876.jpeg
As a kid for all world cups , I’ve had a wallchart to write in the scores as the competition goes along

I still do it to this day 50 odd years down the line and the above was in the current edition of the World Soccer magazine

it’s on free to view tv in the U.K. so when I can, I’ll be watching

haway the lasses

BoyBrumby

Englishman
32 teams, then? Hadn't realised that before.

Any blow outs likely? Seem to remember yer Seppos taking the long handle to Thailand last time out, so Vietnam might be a bit nervous what with both 2019's finalists in their group.

Howe_zat

Audio File

Any blow outs likely? Seem to remember yer Seppos taking the long handle to Thailand last time out, so Vietnam might be a bit nervous what with both 2019's finalists in their group.
Like in the Thailand match, USA-Vietnam is unlikely to end in single figures. American goalscorers again unlikely to read the room.

Norway-Philippines, Spain-Zambia and France/Brazil-Panama will also be in the realm of pisstakery. Quite a lot of the group stage still has ameteur teams in general.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Norway-Philippines, Spain-Zambia and France/Brazil-Panama will also be in the realm of pisstakery. Quite a lot of the group stage still has ameteur teams in general.
Didn't Zambia just beat Germany though. I presume it was a reserve team that Germany sent out, but you'd still have expected the Germans to romp home. It was 2 - 0 to Zambia until added time at the end - and eventually finished 3 - 2. I think three of the German team picked up injuries too.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Didn't Zambia just beat Germany though. I presume it was a reserve team that Germany sent out, but you'd still have expected the Germans to romp home. It was 2 - 0 to Zambia until added time at the end - and eventually finished 3 - 2. I think three of the German team picked up injuries too.
You are right, shows I ought to have had a look at that sort of thing before mulling over the question. Hopefully that makes a few more upsets on the cards.

I was mostly going off world ranking which has Zambia down in 77th, below lots of European teams that got pinged by the likes of Spain, England and France in qualifying.

CartyDurham

I’ve had a look at a few game odds

spain are 1/100 to beat Costa Rica

england are 1/66 to beat Haiti

there are no odds for the USA to beat Vietnam who are 66/1 to win

those three should by the odds see multiple goal wins for the favs

CartyDurham

I’ve had some little bets on the tournament

England at 19/4, 1/2 odds if they get to the final

top goalscorers

Daly (England) 10/1 and Popp (Germany ) 1/4 odds for places 1 to 4

ripper868

International Coach
Straya in a canter, Perry Top Scorer, Healy Golden Glove, Ash Barty can probably do a job as well.

In seriousness though, like the mens world cup and (both) euros, and the ashes, it'll be nice to have some live sport on the box during the work day.

Shady Slim

International Coach
been trying my absolute damndest to get tickets to ingerlund against denmark but they are all sold out… i’ve practically got a mortgage on the resale site at present lmao