• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2023-24 Big Bash League

ataraxia

International Coach
but i didn’t have any problem with the correction i had a problem with you calling mistakenly thinking that a bloke was from qld “wilfully ignorant” as well as “appalling”

that we’re still going on about it only proves the disproportionality of the response given i accepted i was wrong instantly
I imagine many Australians would find it appalling to be mistaken for a Queenslander tbf

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
but i didn’t have any problem with the correction i had a problem with you calling mistakenly thinking that a bloke was from qld “wilfully ignorant” as well as “appalling”

that we’re still going on about it only proves the disproportionality of the response given i accepted i was wrong instantly

edit:

we’re on a cricket forum because we like talking cricket and i made a dumb offhand comment and i wasn’t aware a bloke was born not in the same state as the one he plays for. we are still talking about it like ten pages after. please tell me im not the only one who realises how this is obviously stupid and we should all can it
When you make a dumb off-hand comment and people point out it's r-worded you should really just take the L though.

The post was crap but we all make crap posts from time to time. Whatevz.

Your insistence on defending it as factually incorrect but not actually "appalling" and just constantly replying even after you've lost not only the argument but also the argument about the argument and the argument about the argument about the argument is insane. "I'm gonna have the last word even when I've been btfo lolololol" isn't just a quirky trait, it's embarrassing now.

Shady Slim

International Coach
When you make a dumb off-hand comment and people point out it's r-worded you should really just take the L though.

The post was crap but we all make crap posts from time to time. Whatevz.

Your insistence on defending it as factually incorrect but not actually "appalling" and just constantly replying even after you've lost not only the argument but also the argument about the argument and the argument about the argument about the argument is insane. "I'm gonna have the last word even when I've been btfo lolololol" isn't just a quirky trait, it's embarrassing now.
i honestly couldn’t care more or less about whether in the eyes of others i’ve won or lost an argument but what i do care about is not copping **** from someone when they’re blowing something i said way out of proportion, to the extent that they’re still whinging two days later because i, let’s have some perspective here, misidentified where a bloke was born at

as we all do, i come here to wind down and chat **** about our beautiful game. i don’t come here to sit and cop someone carrying on like i falsely accused one of his guys of being a murderer when i did nothing of the sort

“the post was crap (to him). whatevz” is exactly what i have been saying the entire time!
Replace the headache from the absolute gibberish I have had to read with an entirely different variety of headache tomorrow morning
it’s good to know you read your posts before sending them

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Once again it is not a personal attack to pass adverse comment on a clearly and demonstrably incorrect post. And it certainly wasn't just myself either

it’s good to know you read your posts before sending them
This on the other hand very much is getting personal. Astoundingly hypocritical

Shady Slim

International Coach
Once again it is not a personal attack to pass adverse comment on a clearly and demonstrably incorrect post. And it certainly wasn't just myself either
my point hasn’t been that you “got personal” it’s that what you said was a ridic overreaction to me misidentifying where a bloke’s from

look at the reply to a post of mine by Qlder in thread for the test for a nice example of a better way you can go about showing someone got something wrong in a post

This on the other hand very much is getting personal. Astoundingly hypocritical
so when you say my posting gives you a headache from the gibberish that’s cool and good but when i lamely go “no u” it’s waaaahhwaaahwaaah. tell me again you’re acting here in good faith😂😂

Shady Slim

International Coach
You are the one doing that champ

Lose the persecution complex, you made a wildly inaccurate post and have chosen to play the victim when called out on it. Any criticism you have supposedly in your mind copped is 100% self inflicted
“wildly inaccurate” i misstated where a bloke was born at, who cares!

there is a reason why i info reacted morgie’s post correcting me and haven’t been engaged in four pages of ridiculous back and forth with him maybe, because he just rectified my mistake and didn’t carry on like a knob like you did lol

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
four pages of ridiculous back and forth with him maybe
Once again, you are the one who is the primary cause of that by your inability to take it on the chin that you made such a reality detached comment.

Also blatantly dishonest to claim it is only myself you kept on escalating the issue with when you have provided similar responses to anyone else who has spoken against your posting about this matter

Shady Slim

International Coach
Once again, you are the one who is the primary cause of that by your inability to take it on the chin that you made such a reality detached comment.

Also blatantly dishonest to claim it is only myself you kept on escalating the issue with when you have provided similar responses to anyone else who has spoken against your posting about this matter
“inability to take it on the chin” brother i have contorted myself to repeatedly go out of my way to say i was initially wrong about the location of the birth of spencer johnson to try and satiate you but it’s never enough for you!!

“reality detached” what does that even mean!! i thought that a guy was from queensland!! you did this exact same thing with me over travis head that i am wary this is a case of Shady Derangement Syndrome, or, put another way, you just don’t like me and this is how it’s manifesting when if any other poster made the same comment you would’ve just ignored it and been a normal person

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
brother i have contorted myself to repeatedly go out of my way to say i was initially wrong
If this was really the case you wouldn't be going so hard for so long trying to say the comment wasn't unreasonable in the first place

The one getting personal is yourself, still trying to make out I was the only one who objected when others have had a similar assessment (albeit more eloquently) of the codswallop you blurted out. Thin skinned in the extreme, it isn't persecution to called wrong when you very much are