• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2023-24 Australian domestic cricket season

Spark

Global Moderator
I mean beyond the safety thing surely that's enough to not pick him on technical grounds alone. That sort of bowling will be much more prevalent and likely at Test level where bowlers are quicker and more accurate with the short ball so even if he didn't get concussed, he'd still have his cards marked

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The fact that we are still talking about whether or not he should be playing professional cricket is absurd. Should have been settled years ago

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Must come a time when lawyers get involved

@Burgey & @sledger will know more about it than me but I would have thought duty of care, H & S is likely being discussed

No way I would be insuring him anymore and the Vics/CA will want to protect themselves

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I mean beyond the safety thing surely that's enough to not pick him on technical grounds alone. That sort of bowling will be much more prevalent and likely at Test level where bowlers are quicker and more accurate with the short ball so even if he didn't get concussed, he'd still have his cards marked
Imagine running in as a fast bowler and thinking you might kill the guy if you deliver the only kind of ball he isn't Bradman against.

The fact that he's otherwise totally gun does make it worse in that regard.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
The thing with Pucovski is that they will never pick him for international cricket now no matter what happens in the rest of his career. He could rattle off 10 seasons in a row of 2000 runs and they wouldn't pick him because all it would take is Rabada etc dropping one short and they have the biggest lawsuit in cricket history on their hands.

TheJediBrah

The more I see of McSweeney the more I like. Would like to see him get a Test debut next summer. He actually looks like a proper batsman, not one that relies on a fair bit of luck to slap a decent score which describes half our Test line-up atm

TheJediBrah

How many tassie bowlers are injured for them to be trotting out the likes of Carlisle and this Elliott bloke?

Must be down to the 8th or 9th choice seamers

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
On the one hand, being able to score runs in tough conditions can be a good indicator of a batter’s potential to succeed at a higher level

On the other, it’s hardly a reliable guide as to whether a bowler has potential

Spark

Global Moderator
Oh hey I didn't realise Vidler had been picked. Nice to see, even if he's apparently the tenth best bowler in Queensland.

Justo

U19 Debutant
Oh hey I didn't realise Vidler had been picked. Nice to see, even if he's apparently the tenth best bowler in Queensland.
Keen to see how he goes and how his pace holds up. Some of his u19 stuff would have knocked over anyone.