• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2022-2023 New Zealand First-Class Draft

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Braai Guys ter Braak
@Flem274*
Vandem
Athlai
Straw Man
Chewie
Ataraxia

Ataraxia
Chewie
Straw man
Athlai
Vandem
Flem274*
Braai Guys

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Actually, I'll select Ross ter Braak here. I just can't really imagine any Auckland medium-pacer who hoops it a bit (Solia included) who'll carry on taking their wickets with the first-class ball at more than about 20.

@Flem274*

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
If I can make a joker side from all the remnants after everyones finished picking I'd be keen to see how the rejects go :detective

Athlai

Not Terrible
Ravindra
Solia
Bracewell
Hampton
Blundell
Wiggins
Santner
van Beek
Younghusband
Delport
Sears

Guptill
Briggs
Bhula

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Actually, I'll select Ross ter Braak here. I just can't really imagine any Auckland medium-pacer who hoops it a bit (Solia included) who'll carry on taking their wickets with the first-class ball at more than about 20.

@Flem274*
Ross ter Braak a bit of a new Michael Bates iirc?

vandem

International 12th Man
Tidy up time

Catch up pick
@Chewie

round 15-16
Braai Guys ter Braak
@Flem274*
Vandem
Athlai
Straw Man
Chewie
Ataraxia

Ataraxia
Chewie
Straw man
Athlai
Vandem
Flem274*
Braai Guys

Contracted players not yet picked
ND Bocock, F Walker, Kuggeleijn, Verma
Auck Harrison, Sunde, Ferguson
CD Ave, Dudding
Wgtn Snedden, Milne
Cant MJ Hay, Coburn, S Davey
Otago Johnson, Lockrose, Bacon

There are a few interesting non-contracted players but you need to do your own homework

Please let me know if any errors above

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes Chewie's fine. Ataraxia's lead is mainly due to selecting Joe Root. English players get the Tests vs. New Zealand (no retroactive Stokes points for Chewie), and also any (very unlikely) official first-class warm-up game.

Contracted players not yet picked
ND Bocock, F Walker, Kuggeleijn, Verma
Auck Harrison, Sunde, Ferguson
CD Ave, Dudding
Wgtn Snedden, Milne
Cant MJ Hay, Coburn, S Davey
Otago Johnson, Lockrose, Bacon
Bowling all-rounder Gus McKenzie contracted by Canterbury. A recent Otago player.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Here are some more names. I'll have to look over it myself and see if one jumps out for my R16 pick.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Braai Guys ter Braak
Flem274* Bacon
Vandem Wheeler-Greenall
Athlai Bocock
@straw man
Chewie
Ataraxia

Ataraxia
Chewie
Straw man