• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2022-2023 New Zealand First-Class Draft

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Right @vandem, I'll leave a final call on format and English imports etc. as fully yours to make.

I've got a six-player prize money draft started up elsewhere now, but I'll jump in with every second pick (and as needed) for the Prince EWS + Kippax team in September. Cribb left in charge of the two bids and the first picks that need to be made in the next couple of weeks.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Ten days before the Sussex tour game starts.

All drafters can start giving a few minutes of scrutiny to the May-March schedule in the first post, which players won't be making the T20 World Cup squad and could be cashing in via the Plunket Shield instead, all that type of thinking.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
It sounds like the upcoming tour games won't necessarily be pursuing a formal first-class status (even though the Sussex one is a £35 daily ticket at the gate!).

If that's true, the first Test can become the start of this draft.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
There's still a few hours to vote in the poll, but it's looking like being one big draft, 11-player teams, one English Test player allowed. That player will only gain points in Tests against New Zealand, or in official first-class tour games in New Zealand.

The first 18 players will be picked up via bids for prime early picks. In contrast to last season, this time you can buy the first and second picks in the whole draft if your two bids are high enough, or be left with the 17th and 18th if your bids are low enough.

Send a private message to me looking similar to this:

First bid: 50.3 pts
Second bid: 20.7 pts

This drafter's team would start on -71 draft points.

http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/conversations/add?to=Kippax

The remaining 117 players will be selected in September, using a randomised drafting order.

In about late November, there'll be another mini drafting order posted. That will be the chance for drafters to replace two of their starting XI with players from their bench and by taking on new recruits.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm getting round numbers in some of the PMs, not quirky enough tbh. Not much time to break ties, so they'll just be separated by a spin in the randomiser.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Vandem hasn't been online here since the 10th, so I'm setting a Friday start to the drafting. That would leave a pretty comfortable six days to get through the 18 picks with 24-hour timeouts. Everyone who's still keen to play, submit your bids by then.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
@Prince EWS can send his bids to me (his co-drafter). It's a bit sussy, but that can't be helped now. Maybe add Chewie (he's already in with his bids) as a recipient of the same message.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
24 hours left to commit. Vandem's tallying is too vital to just omit from this entire thing, so I'll put him in with two bids of zero pts.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Send me bids, @Prince EWS.

Even if you're 100% out of this draft and it's just bidding on Braai Guys' behalf, I'm keen to see it. Braai would like you to go pretty high with one of the bids, to secure his king in the first draft round.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Received bids in descending order:

Braai Guys 150.1
Braai Guys 125.1
Straw Man 101.3
Chewie 101.1
Flem274* 100
Flem274* 100
Chewie 50.2
Athlai 44
Straw Man 32.8
Ataraxia 21.3
Athlai 17
Ataraxia 5.2
Vandem 0
Vandem 0

Braai Guys Devon Conway
Braai Guys Neil Wagner
@straw man

Total points spent in auction:

Braai Guys 275.2
Flem274* 200
Chewie 151.3
Straw Man 134.1
Athlai 61
Ataraxia 26.5
Vandem 0

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
After a magnificent failure in bidding highest for perma-injured Kane Williamson in the last round, I'll go
Tim Southee