• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2021/22 New Zealand First-Class Season Draft

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

Flem274*

123/5
We could end up with guys who have played a very significant portion of their 30-70 test careers against England at this rate, not that I'm gonna complain. NZC don't seem keen on tests unless the overeager tragic like England hammers down our door, and I'm happy the boards appear to have a strong relationship.

Oh and I'll play.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
NZC don't seem keen on tests unless the overeager tragic like England hammers down our door, and I'm happy the boards appear to have a strong relationship.
Yes if world cricket were like the Mean Girls high school cafeteria, New Zealand has become the Cady Heron to England's Regina George. "But you're actually really pretty (now). You should sit with us!".

The only problem here is Regina has already become a bit of a slovenly punchline for wearing her sweatpants around town too often. Cady is just too new and naive to realise the degree to which Regina's glory days are behind her.

Maybe watch for South Africa, Pakistan and Bangladesh to increasingly become a trio along more austere, pro-patriarchal lines.

Last edited:

vandem

International 12th Man
... I'm largely leaving these first-class drafts in Vandem's hands now, but could we include the full tour of England in a draft that wraps up in March next year? A way to do this would be getting people to draft just two players now and more in September....
I like this. I will work with Kippax during the next couple of weeks on format.

Would be good to wait until test tour squad is announced, but means we need quick turnaround on picks.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
I've just been working on the 2022/23 rules while we wait for this touring squad. If you've got any new bonus awards or tweaks to old rules in mind, let me know.

vandem

International 12th Man
I like the spinner not selected = UNS rule.

But is spinner UNS rule together with spinner condescension bonus too generous?

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha yeah, I'm not too sure on that, it was a partial joke in reference to Bahnz wanting more incentive to pick spinners in this Simon Keene, Will Williams and Brett Randell era we're in. Maybe 1 pt per maiden.

Flem274*

123/5
the chosen one - if you pick the latest hail mary second spinner you get bonus points

you were the chosen one - if you pick the next test or odi opener to average 25 from 10 tests you get bonus points