• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2020/21 New Zealand Domestic Season

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Assistant coach fielding for aces? Only in New Zealand for what you call a premier tourney. The teams are restricted to travel with either 12 players + coach or 13 players + one coach. Surely it won't cost for one additional team member to travel.

nzfan

If Kane wanted he could have finished two overs ago, looks like he was just wanting set up a closer scenario to test himself :cool:

jcas0167

International Debutant
Drums beating for Sears.

Said Firebirds coach Glenn Pocknall of the 22-year-old: “Judging by feedback from the batsmen [in the practice nets] he’s right up there with Ferguson in terms of pace on his day.

In a South African interview, Conway placed Sears up with former international Marchant de Lange when asked about the scariest he’d faced. “There’s a guy in our set-up Ben Sears, probably the quickest bowler in New Zealand and potentially one of the quickest in the world.”

Sears consistently hits mid-140kmh and higher on the speed radar at training, Pocknall said,

Last edited:

nzfan

Volts look like they're going to make canterbury's going to the finals a bit harder. Broom looking real good today.

Latham still didn't want to feature in T20s. I don't get why he doesn't want to. He's more than handy.

jcas0167

International Debutant
3 dropped catches by Otago under lights at Hagley. Blame it on the dew?

McConchie again pushing his claims for a Grant Elliot type role in the Black Caps middle order.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah 20 I think. Lot to like about him from the little I’ve seen. Batted nearly 6 hours for 30 odd to help Otago draw a Plunket game this season. Otago definitely needs to start passing out pamphlets highlighting the affordable housing prices down there to get some of the blokes in the ND and Auckland A sides to help them back to a decent level of competitiveness.
Yes, still a bit cheaper than Wellington, but the house I own in Dunedin has at least doubled in value since I bought it in early 2015. I'd argue Chch is more affordable.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yes, still a bit cheaper than Wellington, but the house I own in Dunedin has at least doubled in value since I bought it in early 2015. I'd argue Chch is more affordable.
Sounds like they should've been handing out those pamphlets in early 2015 instead.

nzfan

If the women's super smash has to be taken seriously they need to invest lots more and get the girls to catch better. I've seen like half a dozen absolute sitters spilled in no time. The ground fielding is not all that bad though across teams.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
If the women's super smash has to be taken seriously they need to invest lots more and get the girls to catch better. I've seen like half a dozen absolute sitters spilled in no time. The ground fielding is not all that bad though across teams.
It's a common theme in women's cricket. When I first started watching the odd international game I noticed the batting was much better than I expected but the catching was much worse (bowling and ground fielding more or less what I would have expected). These seem to be ubiqutous trends across the entire women's game even as it's improved as a whole over the last 5-10 years, and I'm really not sure why, but it's not just a NZ/SuperSmash thing.

The Hutt Rec

It might just be smaller hands I think (although the balls are also a bit smaller). It’s funny though, when Sky replayed the 2000 World Cup final we won during lockdown, the fielding and catching was first rate ... better than most men’s games I watch! Some great catches and so many direct hits. I guess that was the two best sides in the world though.

Flem274*

123/5
ive said this before but will young excepted, central are allergic to slow deceptive stuff

probably the only batting line up in the country who would choose to face ben sears over logan van beek. big macho bull**** we're all in on, spin and cutters are for the weak and cowardly.

nzfan

What's the story with Ravindra? Any news at the time of toss. Just tuned in...

Bennett gets Rosco for a duck... gee was looking forward to watching him bat.