• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2019 World Cup draft

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, we'll roll with this.
Cool, so 4PM Australian Eastern time (the time next to Jimmy's post) tomorrow the FFA opens.

Mr Prez and NUFAN can make their 10th picks in this 24h window or pick later if they like.

How long are we keeping the FFA open for Jimmy?

MrPrez

International Debutant
Risabh Pant

1. Hashim Amla
2. Fakhar Zaman
4. Rassie van der Dussen
5. David Miller
6. Risabh Pant (wk)
7. Andile Phelukwayo
8. Thisara Perera
9. Kuldeep Yadav
10. Kagiso Rabada
11. Mashrafe Mortaza

stephen

Risabh Pant

1. Hashim Amla
2. Fakhar Zaman
4. Rassie van der Dussen
5. David Miller
6. Risabh Pant (wk)
7. Andile Phelukwayo
8. Thisara Perera
9. Kuldeep Yadav
10. Kagiso Rabada
11. Mashrafe Mortaza
How TF did he get through?

MrPrez

International Debutant
How TF did he get through?
His 50 over record is surprisingly average considering his prowess in T20 cricket. Averages under 30 in list A (albeit at over 100SR)

Still, pretty useful in round 10 considering he keeps.

stephen

His 50 over record is surprisingly average considering his prowess in T20 cricket. Averages under 30 in list A (albeit at over 100SR)

Still, pretty useful in round 10 considering he keeps.
Yeah I realised that after I posted it and checked on hiss odi record.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Ill remove Shastri and go the 2019 version of Ravi.

Shadab

1 Finch c
2 Bairstow+
3 Virat
4 Babar
5 xxx
6 Kedhar
7 Imad
8 Bhuvi
10 Roach
11 Tahir

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Im rattled since I named Ravi as vice captain. Can I have him back? If not I guess Ill have Shadab

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Dwaine Pretorius

1 Finch c
2 Bairstow+
3 Virat
4 Babar
5 Kedhar
6 Imad
7 Pretorius
8 Shadab
9 Bhuvi
10 Roach
11 Tahir

stephen

Chris Gayle (7)
Tamim Iqbal
Faf du Plessis*
Marcus Stoinis (5)
Ben Stokes (6)
Jos Buttler+
Asif Ali
Mitchell Santner (4)
Liam Plunkett (3)
Matt Henry (2)
Lungi Ngidi (1)

stephen

I'm quite happy with my side. The weakest links, Stoinis and Ali are both very good fits in my team. Stoinis provides the death bowling option and given the length of my tail, having a number 7 who strikes at 130 is monstrous.

And speaking of strike rates, Tamim is the only real grafter in the side. The rest of the batsmen strike at 85+, including some of the biggest hitters in the game - Gayle and Buttler.

My bowling attack is solid with 5 seam options and two spin options. Spearheaded by Ngidi and Henry with Plunkett and Santner to follow is a very strong bowling attack. Ngidi averages 23, Henry 26 and Plunkett 29. Santner averages around 35 which is decent for a spinner, particularly one from New Zealand.

Given I got last pick in round one I was always going to miss out on Starc, Dhoni, Kohli and Shakib. But I did manage to grab some really big names - Stokes, Buttler, du Plessis and Gayle are all legitimately great batsmen, averaging at or above 40. Even Stoinis, the weakest of the top 6 had a year and a half of being legitimately awesome worth the bat and had only fallen off those year. Du Plessis averages 47 striking at 90, not Kohli level but not *that* far off.

The platform built by Tamim, Gayle and du Plessis should allow for the later hitters Stokes and Buttler to really make use of the late overs. All of the bowlers in this side can bat as well, Santner, Plunkett and Henry all striking around 100 and averaging 20+. The weakest, Ngidi still averages 15.

This team bats deep, bats fast, has a lot of quality bowling options and I think it is probably the best balanced side in the competition.

Last edited: