• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2019/20 New Zealand First-Class Season Draft (Division 2)

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Matt Bacon to round out my bowlers. having the 3 top wicket takers from last year may pay off, or lightning won't strike twice.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
with a bit of luck Ferguson will play some tests - that or tear up Plunket Shield

and judging from Kippax opening with Solia, it's ok to open with a non-opener, so Chapman plz

Rutherford
Chapman
Williamson
McConchie
Nicholls
Ludick
Seifert
De Grandhomme
Southee
Ferguson
Rance

vandem

International 12th Man
Cooper

Ravindra
Cooper
Young
Conway
O'Donnell
Cleaver (wk)
N Smith
Astle
A Patel
Somerville
Boult

Hoping for a summer of spin.

NZTailender

1. G Hay
2. T Latham
3. D Brownlie
4. G Philips
5. N Kelly
6. K Noema-Barnett
7. B Horne+
8. N Wagner
9. I Sodhi
10. M Bacon
11. H Bennett

12th: G Worker

Last edited:

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
Bonus points for most points scored as an opener, so you reduce your chances of that if you don't have two traditional openers

NZTailender

Maybe I should've gone with Brownlie as originally planned since Hay and Worker open together.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Henry to finish and my 12th man is Duffy.

Raval
Solia
Foxcroft
Taylor
Bruce
Watling +
D Bracewell
Jamieson
Kuggeleijn
Henry
McEwan
12th: Duffy

NZTailender

Can I pick Brownlie and determine a 12th man from those already selected? All good if not.

vandem

International 12th Man
12th Allen

Ravindra
Cooper
Young
Conway
O'Donnell
Cleaver (wk)
N Smith
Astle
A Patel
Somerville
Boult
12 Allen

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Just Straw Man to conclude R12 here.

With only 48 drafted, there's quite a few solid cricketers left unclaimed, so if you want to protect against being thrown out of the hunt very early via season-ending injuries, I'll run a R13 and R14 for you. This is where you can get a little bit of Young, Wheeler or Craig exposure without any downside.

Last edited:

NZTailender

Great idea!

Once is said and done could we pick 2 more dummy teams for the lols? Or is that too much work?