• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2019/20 New Zealand First-Class Season Draft (Division 1)

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
We'll get the thrilling first-class draft conclusion we deserve one of these years. Just not this one, nor the last one.

Vandem and Straw Man promoted, Athlai and Howsie relegated.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qny5oSOl2tqmzqrUdHS8_jyDARPoz0CaHHwulwLhSqI/edit#gid=0

Foxcroft was narrowly clear of a forfeit in the end. Ludick and CdG weren't, so Straw Man did lose Nuttall's 229 points.

To find Williamson, we actually have to put the spuds on top. Lister took out the -100 penalty, but it's not really one of the worthiest golden razzies, seeing he did give Auckland their money's worth in 50-over cricket.

Last edited:

vandem

International 12th Man
Big thanks to Kippax for running this, very interesting for a cricket stats nerd like me. I'll look at the numbers and make a couple of player comments later.

Biggest lesson I learnt is to pick players you like, then you get a double-whammy when someone like Henry Cooper has a step-up season.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Great work Kippax, thanks for running. I will accept my belated promotion to div 1 despite my team's lower order collapse/choke to finish a distant third. Wouldn't be a true NZ team without that though.

My team ended up a proper groups of haves and have-nots
Guns - Southee, Ludick, De Grandhomme, Chapman (reserve)
Spuds - Nicholls, Nuttall, Rutherford, Williamson, Lister (reserve)

Next year I'll be more wary about picking all-rounders who might score more bowling points than batting points :wacko:.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Was fun to be apart of it again but frustrating to finish essentially last in our group.

Next year pick on gut and not which journeymen did well last season