• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2018/19 New Zealand First-Class Season Draft

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
Raval - 4
Rutherford - 41*
Phillips - 60
Young - 20 and a catch
Bruce - 74
Watling † - not batted yet
McConchie - 32
D. Bracewell - 11 and 2 wickets
McPeake - 0 wickets
Bennett - 1 wicket
Lister - 2 and 0 wickets
Williams (12th)

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah sorry Athlai, they've said the only reason Milne's there is because he's not got the stamina to attempt a four-dayer right now, so I think your 12th man will be activated and that's that. As much as Brad Wilson can be activated...the rest of us kind of knew from last season that the Otago coach would be quick to cut any veteran non-performers and give some unknown kid a chance.

Phlegm didn't benefit from Greg Hay's Hawke Cup runs, as much as we need to give him a hand-out, Guptill-Bunce is probably starting a red ball two-dayer tomorrow where blokes won't even be retiring themselves out, he clearly gets nothing. It has to be official FC designation or nothing with me.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes probably a good idea if we all try to not be so style-conscious that Matt McEwan goes as low as round 7 in one of these drafts ever again.

600+ performers:

King of the Openers: Raval (Chewie) 551 runs leads Latham (Kippax) 549.
King of the Colts: Ravindra (Howsie) 453 pts. leads Ludick (Phlegm) 272 pts.
Absolute Spud: Guptill-Bunce (Michaelf) -4.5 p.p.g.

Last edited:

Chewie

I'm gonna start getting less points since my players are starting to reach their 8 game limit

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Well I keep showing the PPG graphic, but I'm only doing that as a guide on who's winning, like it's WASP. Chewie won't let Howsie draft dodgy fitness guys like Wheeler and then move the goalposts towards PPG being the real deal. Unfortunately Howsie has three or four quiet games from Ravindra to replace with better ones, so he's sitting pretty.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Well I keep showing the PPG graphic, but I'm only doing that as a guide on who's winning, like it's WASP. Chewie won't let Howsie draft dodgy fitness guys like Wheeler and then move the goalposts towards PPG being the real deal. Unfortunately Howsie has three or four quiet games from Ravindra to replace with better ones, so he's sitting pretty.
This is incorrect and I will not listen to it.

PPG 4 lyf,

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
I think Team Athlai must've thought there was -100 points for dropping a match-clinching catch. If only I could keep tabs on such things.

Chewie

The points per game system will mean that only your 8 strongest performances will count, so it should increase.
But won't increase as much since I won't be getting the full value of the performances (as they'll replace previous performances which already earned points)

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Always Ghambhiring, this Chewie. Just the four tons for his players so far this round, Bennett with another fivefer, Rutherford about to get his two chances to cash in at McLean Park.

Last edited:

Chewie

haha I was going to point out the four tons in the four matches for me so far this week :p

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh great, bowling points for Phillips now. Howsie may be going the way of ND's T20 campaign here.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yep Howsie blew it in that round and there's suddenly very little time left for anyone to even dream of making up 1100 points on Chewie.

600+ performers (to the left of them in small text is the round they were picked up in the draft):

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

King of the Openers: Latham (Kippax) 740 runs leads Raval (Chewie) 686, Rutherford (Chewie) 644
King of the Colts: Ravindra (Howsie) 522 pts. leads Ludick (Phlegm) 272, Allen (Phlegm) 241
Absolute Spud: Guptill-Bunce (Michaelf) -4.5 p.p.g.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
A commanding win for Chewie, beating all the more seasoned campaigners in what I think is his rookie appearance, definitely first appearance in a New Zealand first-class draft that I've run.

He suffered no major injuries and getting his 11th man over 500 points was a real key to it. A little bit of punter's vision helped too though, Phillips being a better red ball force in late summer conditions than the rest of us could really see in him, a selection he picked up in the bargain bin of the 9th round.

Last edited: