• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2004/05 Australian domestic season thread

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Hoggy31 said:
Rumours - Dave Hussey to SA or WA, Dighton back to WA, MacGill to QLD, Bollinger to WA.
I don't think NSW will lose MacGill, he said in an interview after the pura cup win that he wants to stay in NSW tell he finishes his career. Bollinger on the other hand is very likely but i don't think we will sell him unless we get a batsmen in return. I have heard the rumor that Moss and Higgs want to come back to NSW. Personally if we sell Bollinger to WA i rather get S Marsh in return.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
chaminda_00 said:
I don't think NSW will lose MacGill, he said in an interview after the pura cup win that he wants to stay in NSW tell he finishes his career. Bollinger on the other hand is very likely but i don't think we will sell him unless we get a batsmen in return. I have heard the rumor that Moss and Higgs want to come back to NSW. Personally if we sell Bollinger to WA i rather get S Marsh in return.
i don't think there is much of a trade system in pura cup. if people want to leave, they leave, and vice versa. you rarely see "we'll give you him if we get this guy" going on.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
vic_orthdox said:
i don't think there is much of a trade system in pura cup. if people want to leave, they leave, and vice versa. you rarely see "we'll give you him if we get this guy" going on.
True but i think NSW looking for an extra batsmen in the off season and also the Bollinger is contracted to NSW so they would have some say whether they let him go or not.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
chaminda_00 said:
Bollinger for S. Marsh!! Yeah right!!

The WACA isn't going to let him go without a fight...

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Casson said:
Bollinger for S. Marsh!! Yeah right!!

The WACA isn't going to let him go without a fight...
You never know, he got a good run this season but u have to remember allot of that was due to Rogers and Muleman being injured for parts of the season. You got allot of high quailty batsmen there i wouldn't be surprised if one of them left in the off season.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
chaminda_00 said:
You never know, he got a good run this season but u have to remember allot of that was due to Rogers and Muleman being injured for parts of the season. You got allot of high quailty batsmen there i wouldn't be surprised if one of them left in the off season.
Rogers back to NSW?

If we're talking batsmen who want to move so they can get a game, it would be Meuleman. He's the perennial reserve batsman.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Casson said:
Rogers back to NSW?

If we're talking batsmen who want to move so they can get a game, it would be Meuleman. He's the perennial reserve batsman.
Before this season Marsh was a perennial reserve batsmen too. But i know it is unlucky he would leave cus the WACA probably know he could be a future Australian player. But u never know Katich left didn't he and the WACA didn't spot him leaving.

Anyway NSW haven't really set up a shortlist of players they want, but remember reading a article about the possibilty of one of our young Mark Cameron leaving and either TB or Dave Gillbet said that if Cameron, Bollinger or MacGill left they would probably look for an extra batsmen. Mark said in the article that he didn't want to leave cus of things outside cricket. If u never heard of this guys Cameron was second to Bollinger in leading wicket taker in Grade Cricket in Sydney.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
is marsh's old man involved in any way in the coaching hierachy over in WA? and i wouldn't think that the offspring of one of WA's favourite sons will be racing off to any other state. meuleman might be the one to leave, even though he's in a similar boat with his old man. there's a really good nucleus in WA in the top half of the team, need to get the bottom half of the order sorted.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
vic_orthdox said:
is marsh's old man involved in any way in the coaching hierachy over in WA? and i wouldn't think that the offspring of one of WA's favourite sons will be racing off to any other state. meuleman might be the one to leave, even though he's in a similar boat with his old man. there's a really good nucleus in WA in the top half of the team, need to get the bottom half of the order sorted.
I hope none of them leave - there really will be a place for all of them if they hang around.

And I hope to God that Campbell hangs up the gloves, because Ronchi is just too good to keep out.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Casson said:
I hope none of them leave - there really will be a place for all of them if they hang around.

And I hope to God that Campbell hangs up the gloves, because Ronchi is just too good to keep out.
I wouldn't be surprised if both Champbell and Goodwin are tapped on the shoulder before the start of next season, so the younger guys can get more of a run. I can't see them keeping Voges, Marsh and Muelumen for too long unless they get a decent run.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
chaminda_00 said:
I wouldn't be surprised if both Champbell and Goodwin are tapped on the shoulder before the start of next season, so the younger guys can get more of a run. I can't see them keeping Voges, Marsh and Muelumen for too long unless they get a decent run.
Voges has had a very good run this season. I would say that Marsh has actually had a fair bit as well. At least he hasn't been thrown in at the deep end.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Casson said:
Voges has had a very good run this season. I would say that Marsh has actually had a fair bit as well. At least he hasn't been thrown in at the deep end.
Yeah but if everyone if fit and Goodwin and Champbell aren't dropped then one batsmen is going to miss out and Rochi will not get a FC game.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
vic_orthdox said:
someone really rates ryan campbell! they won't pick him next year, will they? he's done and dusted.
When did i say i rated Ryan Campbell i think he should be dropped along with Goodwin.