• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

20:20 club champs absolute rubbish

Dean

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Since when can a cricket match be decided on how many times you hit the wickets out of eleven!?

Did you notice how the team congradulated each other even when they missed the stumps in the bowlout!?

I understand that they needed to produce a result, but surely batsmen skills should come into a "Bowl Out" aswell? Afterall, 20:20 is made for big hitting and batsmen...

What a load of trash...

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
It's not the best time to play.

Mid September.

But Leicestershire are winning, so it rocks!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Without checking the scores, I'm guessing the South African side got knocked out then?

How else could the sides be separated with a day of rain?

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
It was p***ing it down all day yesterday, and most of Thursday at school (20 miles away from Leicester)

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dean said:
Since when can a cricket match be decided on how many times you hit the wickets out of eleven!?

Did you notice how the team congradulated each other even when they missed the stumps in the bowlout!?

I understand that they needed to produce a result, but surely batsmen skills should come into a "Bowl Out" aswell? Afterall, 20:20 is made for big hitting and batsmen...

What a load of trash...
It's unfortunate, but as others have said there was no other option. However the group stage only knocked out 2 teams and those 2 teams (Nashua - got completely thrashed and Somerset who lost twice in full 20 over games) deserved to be knocked out.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
This is a **** weak competition! I couldn't imagine it being a success unless it was like European soccer and included all the serious domestic teams.

Scaly piscine

James90 said:
This is a **** weak competition! I couldn't imagine it being a success unless it was like European soccer and included all the serious domestic teams.
Nothing to do with your lot losing is it...

Also it has 'all the serious domestic teams' - last 2 winners in England, winners from SA, SL and Pakistan. You're deluded if you expect a grandiose festival of cricket for the first international 20 over club competition - it takes a few years for these things to build up into a bigger event. The main disappointments are the pitch and the lack of internationals and these are not in any way insurmountable.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I didn't even know it was happening.. Wouldnt have minded seeing Somerset play the Nashua Titans (dunno if they did or not. dont care that much), but perhaps the only saving grace is that T20 doesnt last very long!

Scaly piscine

Langeveldt said:
I didn't even know it was happening.. Wouldnt have minded seeing Somerset play the Nashua Titans (dunno if they did or not. dont care that much), but perhaps the only saving grace is that T20 doesnt last very long!
Somerset played Kolpak CC and Faisalabad who ended up winning it. Somerset and Nashua were of course the two teams that didn't win a game. For those who weren't watching the pitch they used was something Giles could turn the ball a couple of feet on.