• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Test, Edgbaston, Birmingham

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I love that people are taking Wade's slow-medium bowling seriously. It is absolute trash. It was just entertaining because he was a keeper bowling, he is not actually a legitimate bowling option at any level.
He bowls about the same speed that MMarsh does these days.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I enjoyed the video. Felt like you were engaging but repeated yourself a bit to prove a point. An example was when it took a while to basically say your best bat should bat at 3. I liked your Englands XI, also nice Labuschagne pronounciation haha. Not sold on Head Wade Marsh as the 4-6.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don't care how fast Wade bowled (though I really doubt it was 130, even if that's what the notoriously unreliable speed gun said at the time). His bowling was not good. It was just amusing that he was landing them on the pitch and they were making it through to the keeper. Then somehow it developed into "Wade is a serious bowling option in International cricket".

the big bambino

International Captain
How about Paine at six and play all of Pattinson, Cummins, Starc and Haze then Lyon? I mean I don't mind the boostering of Pattinson but if he plays, and knowing his record with fitness, can you risk him and only 3 other bowlers?

TheJediBrah

How about Paine at six and play all of Pattinson, Cummins, Starc and Haze then Lyon? I mean I don't mind the boostering of Pattinson but if he plays, and knowing his record with fitness, can you risk him and only 3 other bowlers?
Paine is barely good enough to bat 7. Pattinson hasn't exactly been piling on the runs though he was in good form ~2 years ago IIRC. And as has been mentioned Australia need all the batting they can get, so to answer your question, probably not.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Any four Aussie bowlers (Lyon the only mandatory pick I imagine) are good enough to dismantle this English batting. The batting needs to be shored up however.

Gob

International Coach
I'd go the six keeper four route, which means no Pattinson imo.
Nah Pattinson is a must. Bloke can essentially win the game inside a session.

Its a close thing between Starc and Hazlewood but i'd go Starc to clean the tail. Starc brings something different to the table

Gob

International Coach
Also Labuschagne.

For some reason bloke reminds me of 2013 Smith

Edit- Its not the **** leggies

Burgey

He reminds me of a 1930s style cricketer. doesn't look as though there are any airs and graces about him.

91Jmay

International Coach
Labuschagne, Khawaja. Serious questions need to be asked about Australia picking non-Aussie born players.

morgieb

Labuschagne, Khawaja. Serious questions need to be asked about Australia picking non-Aussie born players.
I know you're joking, but those guys were brought up in Australia, unlike say an Archer or a KP.

(I think it's pretty dire when they add Strauss types, or even Stokes types in there too though)