• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Test, Edgbaston, Birmingham

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Compared to other sports, cricket is very accepting of players making huge tactical errors as a way of keeping their neuroses under control.
Fair enough.

Mostly I was playing devil's advocate though. Usually they should try to play as conservatively as they can for a target that is most likely unchasable (as this situation was)

Uppercut

Adelaide 2012 a pretty amazing example of that. 4 down late on the 4th day and survived. Oz so shattered that their entire pace attack had to be replaced for the next Test.
Yeah I remember that one. Weren't Ntini and Harris charging down the pitch at the other end?

King Pietersen

International Captain
**** me. Dumb shot from Roy, even dumber review from Denly. Should be Denly's last game for a while, time to give Sibley a go.

slippy888

International Captain
England just seem a shattered cricket team that don't believe that they actually won the world cup, when they know it was a tie.

Uppercut

Fair enough.

Mostly I was playing devil's advocate though. Usually they should try to play as conservatively as they can for a target that is most likely unchasable (as this situation was)
I mean I don't want to say they're wrong, the comms all know what it's like and I don't.

I'd just be surprised if it was impossible to find an effective batting mindset that doesn't compel you to do stupid **** every now and again.

hazsa19

International Regular
Trying to remember why I was quite confident that we’d do this. We must have bowled worse than I thought.