• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Test at Brisbane, 8th-12th of December 2021

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I've bitten the bullet and am heading to the 1st day at The Gabba. I just want to get one event in before they open the borders and our state resembles '21 Days Later'. Another upside is the Barmy Army won't be there, or at least not is such great numbers. I assume there will be a few expat 50 year old Poms who still think being drunk is an achievement they should tell everyone about, but you'd think most will be back home gasping for breath while they sit in a 90 mile long queue for petrol.

We've shelled out $125 for the privilege of being allowed to attend. I'm not sure how close 1st and 2nd slip stand together, but it better not be too ****ing close because I assume that space is where our seats are. To be honest, I'd pay twice the price if it keeps us away from the great unwashed.
I mean you shouldn’t diss them for being drunk, it’s the only way to cope when surrounded by people who think two days of panic buying in September would mean 90 mile queues in December, or perhaps those who think a nasty Covid death rate in 2020 means we are all still gasping for breath now, here in pretty much the most free country on earth by my current tally. But hey that’s just me. Let’s hope the Aussie cricketers are as uninformed about their English counterparts as their spectators are as if so they’ll probably be preparing to bat against Caddick and Gough.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Might not be raining but it’s absolutely perfect bowling conditions - hot, humid and low/heavy cloud cover

howardj

International Coach
How a Test pitch looks, two days out from the game, is practically meaningless (unless it's bare and cracked). Two days of sunshine and the mower will make a huge difference. Once again, people (even experienced local journalists such as Robert Craddock) are falling for the myth of a "Gabba Green-Top". Whilst that may be the case in Shield cricket, the Test wickets here are a batsman's friend. Test Green-Tops up here is 1980s talk.

Gob

International Coach
Might not be raining but it’s absolutely perfect bowling conditions - hot, humid and low/heavy cloud cover
I don't write much in to that grassy pitch tbh. It was always the case leading up to a Gabba test as of how its going to seam all over to go with an appropriate grassy pitch pic days leading, come the game day it's a rock hard road.

I'm interested in the new batch of balls thing though

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't write much in to that grassy pitch tbh. It was always the case leading up to a Gabba test as of how its going to seam all over to go with an appropriate grassy pitch pic days leading, come the game day it's a rock hard road.

I'm interested in the new batch of balls thing though
Can’t be any worse

Gob

International Coach
Huh imagine it was Cummins instead and you have Smith leading Aust to an Ashes series. Calamity

Gob

International Coach
If he was originally supposed to play at Brisbane and rested for Adelaide, this a good thing for England. Assuming he is fit for Adelaide