• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Test at Brisbane, 8th-12th of December 2021

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Playing Redlands is an honour and probably a better test than playing SA or NSW atm.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Scandal or no scandal, Australia will have to be pretty terrible to lose a game. Even with Stokes back in the XI this is the worst English batting lineup since the mid-90's, and possibly even worse than that.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've bitten the bullet and am heading to the 1st day at The Gabba. I just want to get one event in before they open the borders and our state resembles '21 Days Later'. Another upside is the Barmy Army won't be there, or at least not is such great numbers. I assume there will be a few expat 50 year old Poms who still think being drunk is an achievement they should tell everyone about, but you'd think most will be back home gasping for breath while they sit in a 90 mile long queue for petrol.

We've shelled out $125 for the privilege of being allowed to attend. I'm not sure how close 1st and 2nd slip stand together, but it better not be too ****ing close because I assume that space is where our seats are. To be honest, I'd pay twice the price if it keeps us away from the great unwashed.

Tom Flint

International Regular
I think I paid about $85 for essentially the same seats last Ashes.
Atigh
I've bitten the bullet and am heading to the 1st day at The Gabba. I just want to get one event in before they open the borders and our state resembles '21 Days Later'. Another upside is the Barmy Army won't be there, or at least not is such great numbers. I assume there will be a few expat 50 year old Poms who still think being drunk is an achievement they should tell everyone about, but you'd think most will be back home gasping for breath while they sit in a 90 mile long queue for petrol.

We've shelled out $125 for the privilege of being allowed to attend. I'm not sure how close 1st and 2nd slip stand together, but it better not be too ****ing close because I assume that space is where our seats are. To be honest, I'd pay twice the price if it keeps us away from the great unwashed.
Blimey I feel sorry for whoever has got the privilege of sitting next to you. Miserable git

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Yeah, one of the only upsides to the pandemic is the absence of the Barmy Army. Just a woeful, yobbo supporter group like any other. They get a free pass for the sort of personal abuse of players which would otherwise be rounded on by the pure-of-heart on here, presumably because one of them blows a bugle.

Tres sophisticated.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Ah yes, more abuse from the apologists. Not surprising really.

"Here's a ditty insulting Mitch Johnson's missus and mother. Let's sing it loud, over and over. Guffaw. Guffaw"

Pack of trogs, all of them.
Yep, they must be so bad when you are looking back to 2009 to recall some behaviour that you found inappropriate