• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Match - England v South Africa at The Oval

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I joined this forum a few months after the last WC. I've been through ashes series and t20 finals but this is the first ODI WC I'll experience here, my final frontier as a CW poster if you will

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes, I am cheering for the underdogs Saffers too. Can't be more excited. Just waiting for the first match to start.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
so keen for this now. buzzing. amla looks in good nick maybe he'll finally do well in a wc when everyone has pretty much written him off as a force.

PikeyB

School Boy/Girl Captain
Seems like I've peaked too early in my World Cup progress :D .

Got up for 7.am commentary ...but the first 3 hours are stuff I've already heard. Fairplay to them , BBC are churning out the podcasts in the run up to the tournament . Some good stuff too .

Bahseph

State Captain
It's a new feeling for me as a SA fan. The general SA public hasn't touted the team as favourites, nor underdogs. Just an acceptance that there's a team that could potentially do well but has weaknesses.

This game is basically England's Batting vs SA's bowling.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Im very keen to see how Morgan performs. Hes been quiet in previous WC campaigns, important tournament for him.

MrPrez

International Debutant
It's a new feeling for me as a SA fan. The general SA public hasn't touted the team as favourites, nor underdogs. Just an acceptance that there's a team that could potentially do well but has weaknesses.

This game is basically England's Batting vs SA's bowling.
On the contrary - I'm much more interested in England's bowling vs SA's batting. The ability of these teams to do well in their weaker disciplines could have huge ramifications on their future prospects in the tournament.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Really hoping for a South African win here to set up the tournament.

Just wondering - has England beaten South Africa in a CWC since that 92 semi?

MrPrez

International Debutant
Haven't been paying attention for a while, bit surprised David Miller isn't part of the XI.
It is surprising, but he's been inconsistent and with Markram's domestic form and Amla's warm-up performances, he was always the guy at risk.

Pretorius over Morris is quite a surprise. It's choosing the lesser of two evils, but I'm not sure which one is worse. Pretorius offers more with the bat I guess?