• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

110 years ago today...

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Of course Headley was better. He was the Black Bradman ffs. Once you go black you can't go back.

Engle

State Vice-Captain
Despite Sir Garry's status as the greatest pre-Kallisball allrounder, he is never in the sporting GOAT discussions with the likes of Pele, Bolt, Nicklaus, Federer, Jordan etc., while Bradman is often mentioned as a contender.
During his heyday, Sobers was bracketed with Ali and Pele in the same GOAT discussions. Perhaps because they were contemporaries, but more so because they went beyond their boundaries - a crucial criteria for attaining greatness.

Pap Finn Keighl

International Debutant
During his heyday, Sobers was bracketed with Ali and Pele in the same GOAT discussions. Perhaps because they were contemporaries, but more so because they went beyond their boundaries - a crucial criteria for attaining greatness.
True.

I thought the same, but I didn't say.. Because Maradona is the True GOAT imo.
Anyway those comparisons were before his emergence.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I mistook what you said and thought Watson got banned due to someone else being racist. But I understand now.