• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

110 years ago today...

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
One awesome thing about Headley was that he scored his test tons at nearly the same rate as Bradman

mr_mister

It really is a shame he played those few post war tests as an old man. Would have averages like 65 otherwise and would have been the clear number 2

Then again who knows what Hutton would have done if it wasn't for the war ruining his peak

Pap Finn Keighl

International Debutant
It really is a shame he played those few post war tests as an old man. Would have averages like 65 otherwise and would have been the clear number 2

Then again who knows what Hutton would have done if it wasn't for the war ruining his peak
2 x 65 avg batsman + 1 x 100 avg batsman
Within 20yrs, will make those avgs questionable.

mr_mister

yeah but as is often said here Headley did it over 9 years. Not his fault he didn't get to play more tests in that time. I could cheat and say he also he did it over 24 years, ha.

the big bambino

International Captain
yeah but as is often said here Headley did it over 9 years. Not his fault he didn't get to play more tests in that time. I could cheat and say he also he did it over 24 years, ha.
I agree he’s great and his record isn’t “questionable “ but if he played more often it would’ve been a mighty effort to maintain an average 5 to 10 more than say SRT.