• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

100 Test Matches at The Oval

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Burgeinho mentioned going to The Oval was a highlight of the tour for him. Said the atmosphere is fantastic, and unusually for an English ground its actually a decent sized playing surface.

flibbertyjibber

Clearly not had the same feel of when Lord's had its 100th game and that was one of the greatest tests I have seen. Only been to one oval test when we beat West Indies later on the same summer as the Lord's 100th game. Was great seeing us beat WI for first time in my lifetime.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Clearly not had the same feel of when Lord's had its 100th game and that was one of the greatest tests I have seen. Only been to one oval test when we beat West Indies later on the same summer as the Lord's 100th game. Was great seeing us beat WI for first time in my lifetime.
Was that the 2000 series?

If so, maybe not fair to compare this test to that one. As you say the 2nd half of that test match is up there with the best.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
athertons 45 in the second dig there is a contender for the greatest test match innings of all time under 50. the amount of pressure he absorbed from ambrose and walsh was nuts.

flibbertyjibber

athertons 45 in the second dig there is a contender for the greatest test match innings of all time under 50. the amount of pressure he absorbed from ambrose and walsh was nuts.
Na, Vaughan's 41 was better given it was only his 5th test at least Atherton was experienced.

flibbertyjibber

Was that the 2000 series?

If so, maybe not fair to compare this test to that one. As you say the 2nd half of that test match is up there with the best.
I meant before it, in the build up. The fact the Lord's game was so good made the occasion even better. This just felt like another test match even before the game.