• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question on ban announcements

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Libertarians are just as annoying as Marxists in that regard.

Like "you know, we wouldn't have this problem if the imperialist swine didn't colonise and subjugate the indigenous populations of the world" and "we wouldn't be in this mess if we had smaller governments, no borders, and a true free market"

like, cool. may be some truth to both, but without a time machine you're not really helping with the problem at hand at all.
Oh cmon. The whole point of what all of us post in the politics threads is putting forward our philosophies on how to improve our societies. You (and particularly grecian) are being utterly absurd if you think it's your right to agree with everyone here on how best to do that. Not to mention the diversity of opinion (and I'm not talking about Watson) is what makes those threads interesting.

Get over yourselves.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Oh cmon. The whole point of what all of us post in the politics threads is putting forward our philosophies on how to improve our societies. You (and particularly grecian) are being utterly absurd if you think it's your right to agree with everyone here on how best to do that. Not to mention the diversity of opinion (and I'm not talking about Watson) is what makes those threads interesting.

Get over yourselves.
There's a difference between proposing solutions and criticising what is, though. A lot of the time the Libertarian opinion put forward is more criticism and less solution to the specific problem being discussed.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
There's a difference between proposing solutions and criticising what is, though. A lot of the time the Libertarian opinion put forward is more criticism and less solution to the specific problem being discussed.
On occasion maybe, but you have posters doing that about all sort of issues (probably 3/4s of the posts about Trump could be described thus). Plenty of opinion has been offered by the small government folks on how society would be improved if our philosophies were adopted. You and others disagree and the discussion is what makes the politics threads worth reading.

Besides, I'm not here to argue everyone has to agree with me. I'm here because posting about Libertarianism is a hot topic in a thread about banning people. Its an utterly absurd proposition that any right minded poster on either side of the political spectrum should have laughed off immediately.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
They're not interested in talking about politics. They're talking about banning people.
Who the **** is talking about banning people, talk about people being absurd, it was an aside about why I find it unreadable, as I don't happen to believe that "big government" is the evil that many of you think.

I think it's not representative of the whole political spectrum now, but has become very concerted to one view. If there is now indeed two mods that are that way, I guess you'll get your way even more. Talk about echo chambers.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
call me when we start eating the rich
Not the best Comic strip film that, Lemmy can't act.

BTW Trump, small government and it really is Randian nonsense to confuse all authoritarianism with big government. Which is the problem if you blame everything bad on "big government" then I guess everything pertains to it....

Last edited:

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I think it's not representative of the whole political spectrum now, but has become very concerted to one view. If there is now indeed two mods that are that way, I guess you'll get your way even more. Talk about echo chambers.
Don't worry. When the majority here find your politics laughable I'll defend to the death your right to spout whatever view I find disagreeable.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Like I get that Cribb has tried to convert basically the entire mod team but I never thought he ever had any actual success in it (other than getting me to join libertarian Facebook groups for the sake of me trolling them by being better at Libertarianism than the Libertarians, despite not being one).