Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sir Alex

Sir Alex

Is this guy Precrambrian? I'm convinced it is, but he's yet to get a ban. Can someone check this account out?
    5-0

RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012

Proudly supporting the #2 cricketer of all time.

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Whether he is or isn't, not really up for discussion (I imagine).

Wish we had a Precambrian Account Speculation sub-forum
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, N Broom, Craig Cachopa, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, I Sodhi, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Meh, leave him be.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    It couldn't be, otherwise he'd be banned...surely. Unless a banning only applies to a username, so changing it means everything's ok again.
    Last edited by Son Of Coco; 12-02-2010 at 01:50 AM.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    It couldn't be, otherwise he'd be banned...surely. Unless a banning only applies to a username, so changing it means everything's ok again.
    modz take the approach that when he's posting "well", they don't ban him as it only prompts more **** posting from his next multi. They've essentially reached a compromise where we all get to put up with his general stupid trolling in order to avoid the worse stuff he has shown he can pull out.

Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Meh, leave him be.
    as I said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    I was under the impression that it was only a lack of evidence keeping him here. Pretty sure a couple of his other counts caused no bother and were banned just for being him.
    "It was an easy decision to sign. I could have gone elsewhere, I had calls, but it never entered my mind it's not about the money."
    Jason Koumas

SWA

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NZTailender View Post
    Whether he is or isn't, not really up for discussion (I imagine).

Wish we had a Precambrian Account Speculation sub-forum
    Start it I say! Or at least I would if I wasn't setting a good example because I'm a staff member.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

been one of his better gimmicks though susudear is still my favourite

Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    I was under the impression that it was only a lack of evidence keeping him here. Pretty sure a couple of his other counts caused no bother and were banned just for being him.
    Yeah, I was under this impression too.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    I figured the mods just got bored of chasing him. At least he's now just your run-of-the-mill garden troll rather than the genetically engineered super-troll he was previously.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    Reckon he does a good impression of how the real Taggart would post if he had an account on here tbh.
    Dave Mohammed >>>> You

He's been good in his latest guise and I think CC would be poorer for it if he was banned. He's one of those posters that keep CC ticking, will post in every thread and just keep debate flowing and that pretty important imho. Has his dire moments, but so does everyone else.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Regardless of anything, the "keep trying enough and you'll eventually be let around perma-bans" approach is not a good one. Sets dangerous precedent. Personally I don't and never have really minded Pnottath\Precambrian (seems I've missed some of his worst posting) but you cannot be allowing him or anyone else to duplicate their way out of permas. If you're going to let him off, un-ban him and merge all of his accounts, don't just let the latest duplicate off.

CW bannings aren't governed by human rights laws - there is no reason mods can't ban an account just because of lack of evidence of the strength which would stand-up in a court of law.

I'd say if polled about 90% of regular CW users would say they're fairly sure this Sir Alex account is Precambrian. I'm also fairly sure this "Avada Kedavra" character is likewise.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Regardless of anything, the "keep trying enough and you'll eventually be let around perma-bans" approach is not a good one. Sets dangerous precedent. Personally I don't and never have really minded Pnottath\Precambrian (seems I've missed some of his worst posting) but you cannot be allowing him or anyone else to duplicate their way out of permas. If you're going to let him off, un-ban him and merge all of his accounts, don't just let the latest duplicate off.

CW bannings aren't governed by human rights laws - there is no reason mods can't ban an account just because of lack of evidence of the strength which would stand-up in a court of law.

I'd say if polled about 90% of regular CW users would say they're fairly sure this Sir Alex account is Precambrian. I'm also fairly sure this "Avada Kedavra" character is likewise.
    In general agree, altohugh it's obviously important that nobody gets banned on a 'whim' because that would be damaging to the forum's wider reputation. If there isn't evidence of a dupe then a psoter shouldn't be banned for it, IMO.

Avada Kedavra has been banned today or yesterday, interestingly enough. The plot thickens...

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post

Agree totally, it seems like with Precamb the attitude has been' "You're banned...oh wait, you're back and seem to be posting ok...you're banned...oh wait, you're back and seem to be posting ok...you're banned...oh, wait etc etc"

Personally I think the ban either stands or everyone who has been banned before should get a chance again if they come back under another name and get away with it for a while.

If Sir Alex is Precamb I'd agree he has been decent since his return. Regardless of this though he should go if he is who people think he is.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information