• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Feuding

Status
Not open for further replies.

cover drive man

International Captain
Left, right and centre lately there seem to be various pairs of posters who can't help but snipe at each other, with two standing out above all. i am experiencing a bit of a busy period in terms of my CW activity at the minute (compared with the last 4 months) but it seriously is being ruined by the amount of threads that are resorting to people telling one another to **** off.

I propose we all be nice to one another, cbf with this forum atm
Really though it's just an internet forum and were supposed to talk about cricket not snapping at each other.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Honestly, all of this just drains the life out of the site and really kills it for me. It's been getting worse for a while now and it's getting to the point where I don't enjoy any part of the forum anymore because of the bickering. I thought it was just a phase and it would eventually go away, but it hasn't so I'm out for a while, partially in protest and partially because I don't enjoy it anymore. Will still be around in a management role though and on MSN.
That's quite sad because the site would be worse off without you for sure. I must respectively disagree with your approach though. If things are getting worse, then as a mod it's your responsibility to make it better, not to jump ship. Perhaps a more aggressive approach is required to keep the feuding to the minimum? Personally, I don't pay attention to the countless threads where this occurs. I simply skip the posts where people are going at it and read the ones that interests me. I hope you change your mind and keep active at the boards. You are one of the many posters because of whom I visit this place. It's all about talking to knowledgeable and interesting people that makes CW the best cricket forum on the web.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
That's quite sad because the site would be worse off without you for sure. I must respectively disagree with your approach though. If things are getting worse, then as a mod it's your responsibility to make it better, not to jump ship. Perhaps a more aggressive approach is required to keep the feuding to the minimum? Personally, I don't pay attention to the countless threads where this occurs. I simply skip the posts where people are going at it and read the ones that interests me. I hope you change your mind and keep active at the boards. You are one of the many posters because of whom I visit this place. It's all about talking to knowledgeable and interesting people that makes CW the best cricket forum on the web.
Nah, good riddance. He was a CICFL anyway.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Honestly, all of this just drains the life out of the site and really kills it for me. It's been getting worse for a while now and it's getting to the point where I don't enjoy any part of the forum anymore because of the bickering. I thought it was just a phase and it would eventually go away, but it hasn't so I'm out for a while, partially in protest and partially because I don't enjoy it anymore. Will still be around in a management role though and on MSN.
Almost feel guily responding to this TBH and have resisted doing so all day because I know I'm overwhelmingly the at-fault party, but feel I pretty well must after reading Fus's post.

We'll miss you while you're gone, Zac, and most if not all eagerly await your return.

Will obviously speak on MSN soon.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I gotta agree with this. I am finding myself getting annoyed more and more, to the point where I am really close to calling it quits or at least avoiding Cricket Chat all together.

Fusion

Global Moderator
I gotta agree with this. I am finding myself getting annoyed more and more, to the point where I am really close to calling it quits or at least avoiding Cricket Chat all together.
Again, I must respectfully voice my dismay at this. Both Gelman and you are mods. Instead of giving up, you should be working to improve things.

cpr

International Coach
CC the worst then? Never really venture in there anymore (not that i did much anyway), but OT is bad and site discussion is pretty much shocking tbh.

Catch ya back soon Zac, you know you wont be able to keep away too long :)

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Again, I must respectfully voice my dismay at this. Both Gelman and you are mods. Instead of giving up, you should be working to improve things.
Actually that's a fair enough stance. Although i'll probably moan when the Wave starts.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
I totally understand where Gelman's coming from. Ever since he became a mod he's been getting digs from people who seem to resent his transition from "one of the gang" to "one of THEM". I can't see why anyone would begrudge a moderator for, you know, moderating? He can't seem to win really, but he'll be back :)

Nah, good riddance. He was a CICFL anyway.
?

Fiery

Banned
:nopity:

Fiery

Banned
I totally understand where Gelman's coming from. Ever since he became a mod he's been getting digs from people who seem to resent his transition from "one of the gang" to "one of THEM". I can't see why anyone would begrudge a moderator for, you know, moderating? He can't seem to win really, but he'll be back :)

?
:nopity:

Fiery

Banned
Feuding?

I honestly havent noticed it.
Me neither. No worse than normal and who cares anyway. Do we want to live in a world of make believe, with flowers, and bells, and leprechauns, and magic frogs with funny little hats ...

(I'm being sarcastic :dry:)

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
Me neither. No worse than normal and who cares anyway. Do we want to live in a world of make believe, with flowers, and bells, and leprechauns, and magic frogs with funny little hats ...

(I'm being sarcastic :dry:)
Of course you don't care seeing as you're one of the cretins responsible for it. There's so many forums full of people being dicks all over the net, if you like it so much why don't you **** off and join one of them?

It's a damn shame when people who actually have something constructive and interesting to say get fed up and leave because of troublemaking pricks like you.

Fiery

Banned
Of course you don't care seeing as you're one of the cretins responsible for it. There's so many forums full of people being dicks all over the net, if you like it so much why don't you **** off and join one of them?

It's a damn shame when people who actually have something constructive and interesting to say get fed up and leave because of troublemaking pricks like you.
:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.