• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Richard's domination of threads and wanting to have the last word

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Agreed tbh, on other forums i use most of the time we use first names etc, because we all know each other, and theres not that many regular posters. However heres far busier, with most new sign ups, but still, its hard to call someone you know quite well by some random moniker they chose on a particular day. Lease Richard makes an effort to clarify... how many times do the rest of us just say Gelman/Mitchell/Fuller etc without a second thought, just because Richard uses more, doesnt make it any different
I've been called Matteh to my face though by CW-ers. I'd like to say now that don't call me by username in public, because it's cliquey and the other people around Birmingham won't understand what it means.

Fiery

Banned
It'd be foolish to think it'll ever go away, TBH, any of it. And I think most realise it won't.

I'll have to take a bit of a look at myself from time to time; other people will have to comment on how certain types have an agenda against me that surfaces from time to time... etc. etc.

Fact is, my presence is always going to cause controversy. There's no sense denying this, or hoping it'll ever go away. As long as we approach incidents like this with maturity and considered response, matters will be solved satisfactorily. And this particular thread has been one of the best in that respect, IMO.
I was just hoping you might have changed your ways a bit while I was away, but obviously not

Loony BoB

International Captain
SELECT post.username, COUNT(post.postid) FROM post INNER JOIN thread ON (thread.threadid = post.threadid) WHERE thread.forumid=10 AND post.dateline>1167609600 GROUP BY post.username

*nerd*

Loony BoB

International Captain
It's an SQL query that would list every person who has posted in CC this year, along with the amount of posts they have made in that forum this year. I think James is away for a bit though so there's no chance we'll find out where we all fit in. I think I'd have some very high number of posts, obviously. Possibly even double figures! Where you'd fit in, I don't know. Just maybe highest poster. ;)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
:blink: WoW!!!!! I want him to do that when he gets back on the 26th!

Can't Rich T or Gelman do it?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
exactly. Save the real names for emails. It's cliquey and rude. The people who do it like to exude a veneer of popularity
OT Fiery, but I do believe you made an avatar challenge that you lost in the RWC forum...

Loony BoB

International Captain
Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
Stats are fun
Towns is not
:)

Richard: Don't know, would require their account to be specially set up by editing the forum config files just to get them access to SQL queries as they can easily mess up the entire database if in the wrong hands. Depends on whether or not James gave them the rights, in other words.

Status
Not open for further replies.