• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

(Slightly late) CW Awards for 13th-20th May

Swervy

International Captain
Not touchy at all, I just have a strong distaste for stupid one line posts usually but not always with question mark attached, designed to make the recipient look 'foolish' (for lack of a better word). You can take them and shove it as far as I'm concerned. And wrt to people acting like ****s in this thread, ****s is too soft a word, in my opinion.
get a grip mate. Did you honestly think I was trying to make you look 'foolish' (or similar)?

It was a genuine question (despite lack of ?, my error)...I just find that kind of thing amusing, that you could be bothered to tell us you couldnt be bothered to tell us what you think, although by doing so you told us what you think.The :) was there to show that there was no arsey-ness about it

Its that simple really

It depends on what ****s is of course:)

pasag

RTDAS
well I cant see there being any reason to say 'Was going to respond to a few people here acting like complete ****s, but honestly, I just cbf anymore.' What is the point????Can't see that there was any need to say it.....
Not really, some people here are acting like complete dickheads and it's happening more regularly but I just cbf anymore and am becoming more disenfranchised with the site, because of these people, you included. Not really that hard to understand. I could give examples but what's the point, I just don't care anymore. But I wont sit back and say nothing while it goes on.

pasag

RTDAS
get a grip mate. Did you honestly think I was trying to make you look 'foolish' (or similar)?

It was a genuine question (despite lack of ?, my error)...I just find that kind of thing amusing, that you could be bothered to tell us you couldnt be bothered to tell us what you think, although by doing so you told us what you think.The :) was there to show that there was no arsey-ness about it

Its that simple really

It depends on what ****s is of course:)
I don't think the smiley means anything tbh, I've seen plenty of snide remarks hidden behinds smileys and what you might find amusing I find **** stiring. I've seen enough of your posts to know exactly what you're trying to do and accomplish with that. Don't try and play dumb with the honest question bull****, it was a snide remark and I called it for that, you don't like that, well I don't really give a **** tbh.

Swervy

International Captain
Not really, some people here are acting like complete dickheads and it's happening more regularly but I just cbf anymore and am becoming more disenfranchised with the site, because of these people, you included. Not really that hard to understand. I could give examples but what's the point, I just don't care anymore. But I wont sit back and say nothing while it goes on.
me included...please explain?

If you are calling me a complete dickhead back it up, or back off, or eff off.

While what goes on??? Just because some people have the inclination to question what Richard has to say, they are dickheads.

Go check what I said eariler in this thread, I didnt have a go, just tried to make it clear as to why these things sometimes occur when Richard is involved. Pretty constructive to be honest.

At no time have I ever had a slanging match with anyone on this forum, merely debate cricketing points. If thats me being a dickhead, well, I dont really think much to your definition.

Jeez, talk about going OTT. This takes the biscuit

Swervy

International Captain
I don't think the smiley means anything tbh, I've seen plenty of snide remarks hidden behinds smileys and what you might find amusing I find **** stiring. I've seen enough of your posts to know exactly what you're trying to do and accomplish with that. Don't try and play dumb with the honest question bull****, it was a snide remark and I called it for that, you don't like that, well I don't really give a **** tbh.
Dont make judgements about me based on nowt if you cannot back it up.

I have had nothing but respect for what you have said in the past on this site, but the way you have blown this one up is really really surprising.

I know what my intentions were regarding what I said. If you feel a smilie isnt enough to suggest it was a friendly comment, well that really is your problem , not mine.

pasag

RTDAS
me included...please explain?

If you are calling me a complete dickhead back it up, or back off, or eff off.

While what goes on??? Just because some people have the inclination to question what Richard has to say, they are dickheads.

Go check what I said eariler in this thread, I didnt have a go, just tried to make it clear as to why these things sometimes occur when Richard is involved. Pretty constructive to be honest.

At no time have I ever had a slanging match with anyone on this forum, merely debate cricketing points. If thats me being a dickhead, well, I dont really think much to your definition.

Jeez, talk about going OTT. This takes the biscuit
Dont make judgements about me based on nowt if you cannot back it up.

I have had nothing but respect for what you have said in the past on this site, but the way you have blown this one up is really really surprising.

I know what my intentions were regarding what I said. If you feel a smilie isnt enough to suggest it was a friendly comment, well that really is your problem , not mine.
You included from the way you're acting here and other times I've noticed. I'm not going to back off from your poorly punctuated drivel either and me going OTT is only in response to your constant idiocy, snide remarks and general poor form. Hidden behind a smiley of course, usually a :laugh : in your case. Honestly, I couldn't give rats arse about the respect you've had for my posts in the past because I have nothing but disgust for the way some act around here, this thread a prime example. And no, it has nothing to do with people questioning Richard, it's the manner in which they go about it, but again I didn't want to go into that mainly because I cbf anymore and also for Richard's sake.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Give it up Gelman, I dont think Swervs said anything to stir it up. May be you are/were just having a bad day.

pasag

RTDAS
Give it up Gelman, I dont think Swervs said anything to stir it up. May be you are/were just having a bad day.
Nope, just something I've been thinking about for a while and it's resurfaced again. Obviously there a two issues here, firstly Swervy's stupid one line post and stupid one line posts like that in general and then the main issue about the way certain people treat Richard and others at times. But I'll take your advice about giving it up though, for now.

Swervy

International Captain
You included from the way you're acting here and other times I've noticed. I'm not going to back off from your poorly punctuated drivel either and me going OTT is only in response to your constant idiocy, snide remarks and general poor form. Hidden behind a smiley of course, usually a :laugh : in your case. Honestly, I couldn't give rats arse about the respect you've had for my posts in the past because I have nothing but disgust for the way some act around here, this thread a prime example. And no, it has nothing to do with people questioning Richard, it's the manner in which they go about it, but again I didn't want to go into that mainly because I cbf anymore and also for Richard's sake.

This is utterly ridiculous. If you have nothing but disgust for comments on this thread, then you need to get your priorities sorted.
You are coming across as a complete a-hole here, which as I say, has completely taken me by surprise.If you make judgements on poor punctuation, you have issues. Constant idiocy??? Snide remarks....where? Has someone slipped some LSD into your Toothkind Ribina, because you are flipping out like a paranoid Hells Angel at Altamont...to be honest it is totally uncalled for.

The only person who has actually flung any insults on this thread is you...although I didn't (must remember to put in the apostrophe, don't want to insult someone) know you were the moral standard bearer when it comes to this site.
If it bothers you so much, act with some dignity and refrain from acting in a way which obviously hacks you off in other people. But of course, you don't really care do you?

Look, Richard and I have had our moments, but infact, I know where to draw the line with regards to him. Infact, in a recent post , I praised him for his ability to hold his ground on an issue (hussain vs hayden I think it was). I think Richard would agree with me that our debates get right to the core of what this forum is all about. But I won't refrain from speaking my mind when I think he has dealt with something in a poor way. I have tried to be as constructive as possible. I would hope Richard sees it in that way.

But I don't think he needs you to fight his battles in a completely OTT manner. If this is all a joke, then you have got me, fair do's, if not, this is a crock of crap and you need to sort yourself out.

As I say, I feel you are one of the more positive contributors to the site, and I don't want to really see this drag on, however, I will defend my corner, especially against what I would consider accusations which are groundless.

Last edited:

Swervy

International Captain
Nope, just something I've been thinking about for a while and it's resurfaced again. Obviously there a two issues here, firstly Swervy's stupid one line post and stupid one line posts like that in general and then the main issue about the way certain people treat Richard and others at times. But I'll take your advice about giving it up though, for now.
ok, an apology from me here, I am sorry that I didn't make it clear enough that it really was not an arsey post. My fault. I recently said to Richard that its sometimes the way you type things on here that gets up someones goat, and I obviously fell into the same fault.

cover drive man

International Captain
Everyone calm down. At the end of the day these forums are a thing were we can post cricket opinions, please don't take it so seriously.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
But I don't think he needs you to fight his battles in a completely OTT manner.
Gelman's certainly not fighting my battles as such, but do you really expect I feel better with no-one backing me up on these sorts of issues? He's not the only one, either - Halsey has done the same in this thread if only once (and, and it's something I mostly certainly am greatful for, him standing-up for me when this sort of thing happens - and it always will, and always has - is not unusual). Do you think I don't wonder "am I being a completely unreasonable ****? Was it totally stupid of me to post that?"

On the poor punctuation issue... TBH it really is something that baffles me. Most people either bother or they don't - Anil, for instance, never writes a capital letter and I've not seen him do for years. Why, I'm not sure. But... well, as I say, I have thought in the past that your posting style is a bit strange. I don't really want to make an issue of it, but I don't understand why you use partially proper punctuation\CAPS-use. Either do it to the best of your ability (we all, obviously, make the occasional slip-up) or don't make any effort at all IMO. As I say - don't get the idea that it's a big issue, because it's not. Just saying I can see what Gelman means. Although, with a few exceptions (Anil, for instance, and sledger is another one) those who use good punctuation are among the best posters and those that don't are pretty well identified as rabble.

On the other thing... the smilies... again, I also feel that you often seem to use certain smilies (be it the :) or, mostly, the :laugh: - though, interestingly, I never got that feeling with the old favourite, the :D, maybe you should go back to it, it's a simple shortcut even if the mouse-icon isn't there at the moment) in a rather contemptuous-laugh\smile sort of way. It doesn't really bother me for more than a second or two because I'm generally pretty thick-skinned. But perhaps I should mention that it is something that has got on my wick a few times.

And finally, I might add - you might think Gelman's "flipping out like a paranoid Hells Angel at Altamont"? I can assure you from not-inconsiderable experience, he's not. This sort of thing happens (I've been there myself, before your most recent return, check that West Indies-England thread that I mentioned I was :shy: about being dug-up, that is why) and you can bet your life it's not due to isolated incidents, nor him alone that feels such a way. The fact that he has always remained one of the most-respected posters on here should tell you a bit, too.

Another "finally, I might add", and not in your direction, more towards the boss, Pete, Jack, maybe even Kyle - from me, please don't close this thread. Stuff like this is much better said than unsaid.

Last edited:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Okay, just a few things to remember;

1. these awards are for fun:)

2. they are personal opinions of the judges8-)

3. all of the judges give up their own time to try and give other forum members a bit of enjoyment each week:cool:

4. if at any time members are not enjoying their awards anymore we will stop them:@

5. if James tells me he thinks they are causing bad blood then they will be stopped:-O

6. if you do not want to be considered for awards/award, just let me know and I will make sure you do not win any:happy:
Give me more Skulls. :@

YES, THIS POST IS A TEST!

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You Bastards Arguing Is Detracting From The Glory That I Was Hoping To Indulge In At Winning An Award!

This Post Came From My Chest.