• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

(Slightly late) CW Awards for 13th-20th May

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I'm not - I'm saying it's predictable that you'd claim I did. Let's just remind ourselves that you, who fulfilled the same role, are certainly not without fault.
Don't remember any one person vs the world battles when I posted any threads of this nature...

Funny that...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Looking at how it came about, I'd have to say yes.

Unless you can point out previous threads before the last 2 weeks which have had so many problems...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Okay, just a few things to remember;

1. these awards are for fun:)

2. they are personal opinions of the judges8-)

3. all of the judges give up their own time to try and give other forum members a bit of enjoyment each week:cool:

4. if at any time members are not enjoying their awards anymore we will stop them:@

5. if James tells me he thinks they are causing bad blood then they will be stopped:-O

6. if you do not want to be considered for awards/award, just let me know and I will make sure you do not win any:happy:
Anyway, yes...

TBH, I'd just like to draw a
under this whole thing really. I love the awards, I know beyond all question that most CC regulars love them too, and, really, I'd like to apologise for my part in the nonsense we've had in this thread. I hope that it can be forgotten now, and the awards can return to what they've usually been.

As a wise man (Kyle Wright) once said - sometimes you need bad spells for things to get better in the long-term.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Looking at how it came about, I'd have to say yes.

Unless you can point out previous threads before the last 2 weeks which have had so many problems...
It came about - on this occasion (the previous week's thread was a completely unrelated discussion, though also one that was interesting to be had) - because I mentioned the veto. That could have happened at any time.

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Anyway, yes...

TBH, I'd just like to draw a
under this whole thing really. I love the awards, I know beyond all question that most CC regulars love them too, and, really, I'd like to apologise for my part in the nonsense we've had in this thread. I hope that it can be forgotten now, and the awards can return to what they've usually been.

As a wise man (Kyle Wright) once said - sometimes you need bad spells for things to get better in the long-term.
Haha, got really confused then, thought the portion under the line was your sig.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Very pleased with the Sobers, and especially glad that Richard copped it on the chin regarding Prior. Congratulations to all winners and thanks to the awards crew.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Never thought I'd post this about an awards thread but...

Anyway, congrats to all recipients, and thanks to oz_fan for mine. :)

pasag

RTDAS
Was going to respond to a few people here acting like complete ****s, but honestly, I just cbf anymore.

Congrats to all the winners.

pasag

RTDAS
but you could be arsed to type out a sentence to tell us you cbf.:)
Indeed, a sentence is much shorter than a paragraph but also achieves the aim of voicing my displeasure at the general situation. Can't work out the point of your post, if not to ****stir though.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Very pleased with the Sobers, and especially glad that Richard copped it on the chin regarding Prior.
As I say - it's not like it's a huge deal. It's a Greigy - wow. It's not the end of The World, although, as I say, I disagree with Blake that that post deserved it. It's his choice, though, and to use the veto, as I said, would be just a little childish.

Swervy

International Captain
Indeed, a sentence is much shorter than a paragraph but also achieves the aim of voicing my displeasure at the general situation. Can't work out the point of your post, if not to ****stir though.
sweet jesus, there are some touchy people out there today.

No **** stirring involved..you have explained nicely thanks, not that I gave one anyway, I was just enquiring.

Although, obviously the whole thing did strike a nerve with some people, and so to say those people are acting like ****s probably is going OTT and isnt really appropriate

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha. No sooner do me and P finish, Swervs and Gelman get going...

I think the point Gelman was making was that some people were going OTT (I hope so, anyway, otherwise he means I was being a **** to make it look like I had ideas above my station) and having nerves struck that should not have been struck.

And I do admit that your post did seem to me to be a touch on the ****-stirring side, TBH. Can't see that there was any need to say it.

pasag

RTDAS
sweet jesus, there are some touchy people out there today.

No **** stirring involved..you have explained nicely thanks, not that I gave one anyway, I was just enquiring.

Although, obviously the whole thing did strike a nerve with some people, and so to say those people are acting like ****s probably is going OTT and isnt really appropriate
Not touchy at all, I just have a strong distaste for stupid one line posts usually but not always with question mark attached, designed to make the recipient look 'foolish' (for lack of a better word). You can take them and shove it as far as I'm concerned. And wrt to people acting like ****s in this thread, ****s is too soft a word, in my opinion.

Swervy

International Captain
Haha. No sooner do me and P finish, Swervs and Gelman get going...

I think the point Gelman was making was that some people were going OTT (I hope so, anyway, otherwise he means I was being a **** to make it look like I had ideas above my station) and having nerves struck that should not have been struck.

And I do admit that your post did seem to me to be a touch on the ****-stirring side, TBH. Can't see that there was any need to say it.
well I cant see there being any reason to say 'Was going to respond to a few people here acting like complete ****s, but honestly, I just cbf anymore.' What is the point????Can't see that there was any need to say it.(to use your line)(your post is so steeped in **** stirring its unbeleivable)...but people all over this place say things that they dont need to say, if its friendly no worries...if no one said anything they dont need to say on here, then exactly zero posts would ever have been put on this entire site

Mine was an inquisitive post , a bit tongue in cheek (see :) ), certainly friendly.

Fine if people think that other people were going OTT, no problems, but I dont think it is appropriate to say people are acting like ****s (whatever that is), when in fact they are just expressing an opinion. They werent happy with what you said, personal it meant nowt to me, but some people take things differently..and yeah because it is you, and because of your manner sometimes, it rubs people up the wrong way. If you give it, you expect to receive it back. I think you are man enough to take that, and after all, ITS ONLY A FORUM ON THE INTERNET.

I think people take things way way way to seriously somtimes (yeah it works both ways, maybe some of the others on here should have stepped back and just thought 'its just Richard', but then again you have to expect some people will think 'why does he think he can get away with saying things like that')

me I am just trying to stay in the middle ground , I dont think I have ever intentionally **** stirred on here