• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season 9 Discussions Thread

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
wrangler203 said:
Hey jaso, mate, you might wanna try typing without all the typos, i think some of the heat thats currently on you, stems from that. And fair play to you, brother, i think there is, but i must say, constantly going on about how many runs you have, how many catches you've taken, whose got the fastest fc hundred gets a tad annoying , after a while

A'ight, was a bit curious tho!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
wrangler203 said:
but i must say, constantly going on about how many runs you have, how many catches you've taken, whose got the fastest fc hundred gets a tad annoying , after a while
If a while constitutes 3 minutes then I agree.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Nice win Blue, solid batting performance and excellent bowling from everyone, happy with my 10-1-27-1 as well. We seem to be in top form at the moment, should be able to top the OD table which will put us in a good position to hopefully win both finals.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
age_master said:
there is really no need for that
It's Jamee.. he's special.

(haha, reminds of that scene in Dumb and Dumberer how Harry is talking to that girl and her dad walks in :laugh: )

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Colts batsman and wicketkeeper S Jasotharan has been suspended for one game, and will miss the final Colts OD game of the season. The move comes from the CWBCC Disciplinary Committee, which cited the violent conflict between Jasotharan and Tarick Weber. No comment as of yet from Colts captain Kyle Wright or Jasotharan himself.
I agree with the sentence handed down and am very disapointed by the immature act Jaso performed. I know the guy is passionate about his cricket, but he crossed a line and has been punished appropriately. I just hope this does not dent the young man's enthusiasm as he is a valued member of the Colts side. I'm sure he has learnt his lesson and will not do it again.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jamee999 said:
Yeah, Jaso, not everyone is such a cheating muppet they'd lie about their stats to go well.
Believe it or not, some people actually do score heavily at low levels of cricket. In fact, some do it at high levels too.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket Web Colts vs Cricket Web Black
at the Bellerive Oval

The Colts wilted in pleasant batting conditions, presenting Black with a comfortable victory to complete a difficult season. The Black seamers shared 9 wickets, and set up a chase of 186.

Chris Kalmar and Ash Chaulk started off in positive fashion, then Kalmar settled in with Chris Butler in batting the Blacks toward the target. Blackman replaced Kalmar at the end, and played a comfortable innings to seal the deal.

CW Colts 185 ao (48.2 overs)
CW Black 189/3 (44.4 overs)

CW Black won by 7 wickets
Man of the Match: CB Benjamin

Cricket Web Green vs Cricket Web Blue
at the CWBCC Stadium

A smashing effort from captain Liam Camps and wicketkeeper Alex Crampton at the end of the Blue innings closed off a well-paced run chase. Runs from Cloete, Young and Fuller kept the chase moving nicely, but it was the bighitting of Camps and Crampton at the end that saw Blue to the OD title.

Earlier, Green collapsed from 157/0 to 264 all out, as Camps took 6 wickets and ripped through the middle order. Alex Feeney's fantastic hundred had earlier put the Greens on top, but careless batting saw them lose their way and ultimately crash to defeat.

CW Green 264 ao (46.5 overs)
CW Blue 267/5 (48 overs)

CW Blue won by 5 wickets
Man of the Match: LA Camps

Attachments

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Wow, great game from Liam. Second five wicket haul of the season, and a quick 20 odd to finish the innings. Happy with another 70 runs myself, but it would have been nice to stop the finish from being so nailbiting by hanging around with Pete. 9 half centuries in 16 games. :blink:

Anyway, turns out we took the OD title by a fair margin in the end, and we're set up nicely for a shot at both titles.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Great win to complete the double guys. :)

Devastating spell from Liam to set up a tight run-chase, but very good knocks from PY, Sean, Andrew, Alex and ultimately Liam again saw us home pretty comfortably. Ordinary match personally, nothing to speak of apart from a catch, but absolutely no complaints with both the FC and the OD title secured. Great form heading into the finals, if everyone keeps playing like they have been all season we'll be very difficult to beat.